Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 1994 mustang gt smoking under the hood

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 1994 mustang gt smoking under the hood
sidhu50
¯
Member # 13602

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sidhu50  Ford pictures for sidhu50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
have a 94 mustang gt, was going to change the new clutch fork so pulled up on the tow truck as i notice i saw some smoke come out of under the hood. i drove the car in the parking lot to pull into the shop it drove fine even at that time it smoked little bit. i saw the smoke coming out behind the intake manifold area possible by where the bellhousing is attahced to engine. it doesn't seem like the clutch is burnt since i drove it in first and second gear and it drove fine. but do smell something burning this car was sitting for few years and start to get around it. could this be the valve cover gasket leaks? to me it smells like burning oil i do not smell the clutch burn as i know what it smelt like when i burnt my clutch last time few months ago.
Sinister Mustang
¯
Member # 13889

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sinister Mustang  Ford pictures for Sinister Mustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
More than likely the rear main seal.

--------------------
Message me for 1979-2015 Mustang Parts!

www.SinisterMustang.com

Posts: 255 | From: Roseville,CA | Registered: Dec 2014  |  :
Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
check the rear intake gasket. Mine failed and I had oil on top of the rear of the engine and bell housing. When I repaired, I only used black RTV, no gasket. So far, so good! Also, like said possibly rear main seal.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com