Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » proform electric fan install

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: proform electric fan install
Stangn5oh
¯
Member # 10875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangn5oh  Ford pictures for Stangn5oh  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i recently installed a sve aluminum radiator and a proform fan with a built in adjustable fan controller on a foxbody.

1.i have the ground installed to the negative battery cable.

2.i have the high current 12 volt connected to the battery

i need to also find a 12 volt low current, i believe it needs to be something that only supplys power when the ignition key is in the on position.
this wire will connect to the built in fan controller which will supply current once it reachs the fan controllers temp setting (180-250 degrees)
the a/c or radio will do.

the problem/ my question
car has no a/c i cant find the wire/connection. where does that wire end up, i dont see it by my intake manifold.

id rather hook it up to something under the hood to avoid wires everywhere and a cleaner look if possible.

"i read online ppl connect it to the radio low current power source and it works fine, but doesnt sound right to me as i dont like doing things mickey mouse."

[ 2015-12-16, 12:19 AM: Message edited by: Stangn5oh ]

--------------------
88 lx
17 Renegade turbo
18 Compass 4x4

Hit the gasser, go faster, all u heard was dual exhaust n flowmasters.

Posts: 1643 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2011  |  :
Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I ran mine directly to my fuse box to an "ignition on" fuse. Under the hood, I used wire loom over the wire so it looks like it belongs.

[ 2015-12-16, 06:56 AM: Message edited by: Marks93 ]

Stangn5oh
¯
Member # 10875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangn5oh  Ford pictures for Stangn5oh  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Which fuse did you use? Radio?

--------------------
88 lx
17 Renegade turbo
18 Compass 4x4

Hit the gasser, go faster, all u heard was dual exhaust n flowmasters.

Posts: 1643 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2011  |  :
Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes, I think so. One of the 15a or 20a. Can remember which one. I have my aftermarket gauges hooked up to one as well.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com