Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » installed CCRM,radiator over flows from filler cap. 99GT Built/Boosted

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: installed CCRM,radiator over flows from filler cap. 99GT Built/Boosted
BLK35th
CAFords OG
Member # 4685

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK35th  Ford pictures for BLK35th    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There has been a drain somewhere in the systemfor some time now. So a buddy of mine who used to work for Ford, helped me pin point the drain to the CCRM. I finally changed the CCRM with a slightly used one from E-bay (mistake? ).

I let the car idle for at least 15 minutes with the radiator cap off, and I see that it is begin to bubble and shoot out, as if the coolant has no where to go.

You think this has to do with the CCRM? or just time for a new reservoir?

Any advice is much obliged.
Thank you,

Raj

[ 2015-02-16, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: BLK35th ]

--------------------
hahahahaha

Posts: 1412 | From: 650-408-510-415 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When it reaches operating temperature, it begins to spill out the the radiator cap outlet?

Have you left the cap on and waited for the fans to come on (if they do?)

Has it been bled properly?

When coolant warms up, it expands and pressurizes within the radiator system the cap needs to be in place.

Let the car idle, radiator cap on, fan on HOT @ Maximum. Open the bleed screw, allow it to bleed the air out of the system until a steady stream of coolant is spewing out.

Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
BTLD GT
¯
Member # 5229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BTLD GT  Ford pictures for BTLD GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
when the engine is cold fill the tank until its at the cold fill line then cap the system. run car at around 1500rpm with the heater on high until u have heat coming out and u reach running temp and the fans cycle at least once.

Daniel

[ 2015-02-17, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: BTLD GT ]

--------------------
2000 Cobra R

BLK35th
CAFords OG
Member # 4685

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK35th  Ford pictures for BLK35th    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok, sweet. I will try this and keep you guys updated.

Thanks,

Raj

And it turns out that the CCRM I purchased was the wrong one. I didn't bother to match up the P/N numbers. Rookie mistake.

[ 2015-02-18, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: BLK35th ]

--------------------
hahahahaha

NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What does ccrm stand for

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
BTLD GT
¯
Member # 5229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BTLD GT  Ford pictures for BTLD GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Autumnstang97:
What does ccrm stand for

constant control relay module

--------------------
2000 Cobra R

BLK35th
CAFords OG
Member # 4685

Replaced the CCRM with the right one. Fan turns on, T-stat opens up. Car sounds and runs healthy.

I'm still sceptical about the drain, so I baught a cheepo battery from Walmart just in case.

I will find out soon if the drain is still there.

Thanks,

Raj

--------------------
hahahahaha

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com