Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » smog due: p1443 obdii code

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: smog due: p1443 obdii code
Frank.JD.Perez
¯
Member # 12650

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank.JD.Perez  Ford pictures for Frank.JD.Perez  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey guys,
So my car is due for smog pretty soon and since ive had my car the p1443 evap code has been thrown. I know that there are plenty of different things that could throw the code but whats the most common? Its a 97 gt

--------------------
1998 Ford Mustang GT SVO SC Saleen vert (sold)
1998 Ford Mustang GT PI (RIP)
1997 Ford Mustang GT
2000 BMW 323iT
2001 BMW X5

Posts: 603 | From: Hayward/Pleasanton | Registered: Dec 2012  |  :
70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
check the line that runs from the back of the intake plenum to your passengers side fender the line connects i believe to an inline sensor then the evap canister which the line disappears in to the fender and attaches to a hard line check the entire rubber hose and or replace it if its the stock line might very brittle or the vac canister is messed up. mine all 3 things need to be replaced (the rubber lines, vac canister, and sensor.)

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

Frank.JD.Perez
¯
Member # 12650

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank.JD.Perez  Ford pictures for Frank.JD.Perez  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
70 you always have answers for me man, youre awesome

--------------------
1997 Ford Mustang GT
2000 BMW 323iT
2001 BMW X5

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The grommet for the fill neck is common for evap leaks.an so is the canister purge valve.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
9cobrasvt8
¯
Member # 11078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasvt8  Ford pictures for 9cobrasvt8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had to replace all the rubber hoses for mine, i also put clamps on them lol, also had to do purge valve and solonoid if i spelled that right lol
Good luck bro [patriot]

--------------------
2013 Grabber blue coyote
1996 cobra
1996 gt h/c/i and gears
1998 cobra vert
1998 gt h/c/i
1997 gt blown

Posts: 1519 | From: under the hood | Registered: Jul 2011  |  :
70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I spent a lot of time on forums for when i had my 2v and 4v swap. my npi motor had nearly 220k on it when i swapped it out, everything was stock on the car except kn filter and hill billy welded flows and truck size tips; swear the day after i got it home it popped this code and several others. and spent many times back and forth to the parts store. after awhile i just started replacing all the hoses and sensors throughout the car. most swapped over to the 4v swap so didnt have to buy more than twice.

As 9cobrasvt8 said above i also put clamps on everything also

[ 2015-01-08, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: 70stang351w ]

--------------------

Tom Renzo
¯
Member # 13165

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Renzo  Ford pictures for Tom Renzo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Purge solenoid is the code you are getting. Go there

[ 2015-01-09, 02:47 AM: Message edited by: Tom Renzo ]

--------------------
I spend money i don't have. Building cars i don't need. To impress people i don't know.

Frank.JD.Perez
¯
Member # 12650

Replaced that solenoid yesterday and reset the obd. Lets see if it was a simple fix, thanks guys!

--------------------
1997 Ford Mustang GT
2000 BMW 323iT
2001 BMW X5

9cobrasvt8
¯
Member # 11078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasvt8  Ford pictures for 9cobrasvt8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Frank.JD.Perez:
Replaced that solenoid yesterday and reset the obd. Lets see if it was a simple fix, thanks guys!

Did you ever fix this?

--------------------
2013 Grabber blue coyote
1996 cobra
1996 gt h/c/i and gears
1998 cobra vert
1998 gt h/c/i
1997 gt blown

Frank.JD.Perez
¯
Member # 12650

quote:
Originally posted by 9cobrasvt8:
quote:
Originally posted by Frank.JD.Perez:

Did you ever fix this?
Yea man thanks for asking! I actually had to replace the two solenoids and the hoses but passed smog a few weeks back

--------------------
1997 Ford Mustang GT
2000 BMW 323iT
2001 BMW X5

70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Glad to see you where able to fix 9cobrasvt8 didnt have the same issue?

--------------------

9cobrasvt8
¯
Member # 11078

quote:
Originally posted by 70stang351w:
Glad to see you where able to fix 9cobrasvt8 didnt have the same issue?

Ya i did on the cobra, now ive got the same issue on my gt lol, found a hose im gonna replace tomorrow and see what happens, plus the filler neck wasnt pulled all the way up and bolted in so im not sure if the gas cap was on tight enough either. I fixed that issue now for the hose tomorrow, probably all the hoses and see if that fixes it, if not then ill do the sensors/solonoids

--------------------
2013 Grabber blue coyote
1996 cobra
1996 gt h/c/i and gears
1998 cobra vert
1998 gt h/c/i
1997 gt blown

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com