Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 306 build up

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 306 build up
05s197
¯
Member # 13235

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 05s197  Ford pictures for 05s197    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.powerblocktv.com/episode/HP2010-01/horsepowers-blue-oval-302#.U-lpxhZKfR

after watching this video I decided I want to do something similar. I want RHS 200cc heads 58cc chamber and want to keep the stock connecting rods and crankshaft. In the video they claim a compression ratio of 10.2:1 and say for the test they used 89 octane fuel. My first question wouldnt the engine detonate with that low octane with that CR? second question what pistons should I get for maximum CR on 91 octane?

Posts: 54 | From: walnut creek/concord | Registered: Oct 2013  |  :
Tom Renzo
¯
Member # 13165

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Renzo  Ford pictures for Tom Renzo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Depends on the cam not the compression ratio. Always pick a cam before a compression figure.

--------------------
I spend money i don't have. Building cars i don't need. To impress people i don't know.

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Renzo:
Depends on the cam not the compression ratio. Always pick a cam before a compression figure.

When you get a custom cam and are filling out the cam sheet it asks what compression ratio you're going to be running.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
4IDFOX
¯
Member # 9921

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4IDFOX  Ford pictures for 4IDFOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Greasy:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Renzo:

When you get a custom cam and are filling out the cam sheet it asks what compression ratio you're going to be running.
And the fuel.
Posts: 375 | From: Redding CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
Tom Renzo
¯
Member # 13165

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Renzo  Ford pictures for Tom Renzo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats right if you want them to select your cam. But asking how much compression you can run on 91 is a moot question because you do not know the specks of the cam you are running. First the cam then the compression ratio. Simple that is how it works.

--------------------
I spend money i don't have. Building cars i don't need. To impress people i don't know.

05s197
¯
Member # 13235

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 05s197  Ford pictures for 05s197    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Okay thanks for the help. what pistons should I get while keeping the stock crankshaft and connecting rods?
Posts: 54 | From: walnut creek/concord | Registered: Oct 2013  |  :
4IDFOX
¯
Member # 9921

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4IDFOX  Ford pictures for 4IDFOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would suggest these pistons.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pbp-14777-030/overview/

And these heads.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/tfs-51410002-m58/overview/

And some 1.7 rockers.
It will run great.

Posts: 375 | From: Redding CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com