Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » narrowed and widened wheels

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: narrowed and widened wheels
85CHP510
¯
Member # 9690

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 85CHP510  Ford pictures for 85CHP510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey guys so I finally got my hands on a set of 97 gt wheels. What ive decided to do is to widen 2 for the rear and narrow 2 for the front. I belive these rims are 17x8. I at least want rears 17x10.5 but for the fronts Im not sure how much theyd have to be narrowed. I am sending em off tho the guys in weldcraft (unless anyone here in the bay area knows of a good place to do it with quality work) but they need to know how much they need to take of to be narrowed. I am planning on using a m/h 185\55\17...
70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i've been researching the same thing for my 70 coupe for the mustang steve brake upgrade. found one place pacificrim in pittsburg but still waiting on a quote there was another place mentioned in hayward on a previous post; but both place have some bad reviews online

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

85CHP510
¯
Member # 9690

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 85CHP510  Ford pictures for 85CHP510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 70stang351w:
i've been researching the same thing for my 70 coupe for the mustang steve brake upgrade. found one place pacificrim in pittsburg but still waiting on a quote there was another place mentioned in hayward on a previous post; but both place have some bad reviews online

Yea ive seen theyre bad reviews....only place with good rep is weldcraft
coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupe5oh  Ford pictures for coupe5oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
memoryfab in union city

--------------------
R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt)
96 4.6- H/C/I 5.3 LS swap
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

91redmustang
¯
Member # 10019

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91redmustang  Ford pictures for 91redmustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
From what I hear this guy is suppose to be pretty good, but his is down here in socal. You can use ontrac.com shipping which will save you some $$$.

http://ericvaughnmachine.com/Home_Page.html

ashyers
¯
Member # 9382

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ashyers  Ford pictures for ashyers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Out of curiosity, about how much does this cost?
Posts: 74 | From: oakland/san leandro | Registered: Aug 2009  |  :
koupe377
¯
Member # 13461

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for koupe377  Ford pictures for koupe377    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Eric Vaughn widened my stock Pony's to 9".

Also had him do some GT500 wheels to 10.5"

His work is exceptional!

[ 2014-02-23, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: koupe377 ]

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePTSlow  Ford pictures for FivePTSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 85CHP510:
Hey guys so I finally got my hands on a set of 97 gt wheels. What ive decided to do is to widen 2 for the rear and narrow 2 for the front. I belive these rims are 17x8. I at least want rears 17x10.5 but for the fronts Im not sure how much theyd have to be narrowed. I am sending em off tho the guys in weldcraft (unless anyone here in the bay area knows of a good place to do it with quality work) but they need to know how much they need to take of to be narrowed. I am planning on using a m/h 185\55\17...

I used to run these wheels on my fox. The few places I talked to said those wheels couldn't be widened due to where the dip is that allows you to install a tire. Maybe they just didn't want to do the work, who knows.

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0 + Boost(Procharger)
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted
05 SRT-4 24PSI E-85 at least 50 million hp
07 Harley VROD NRS Stage 1

Posts: 1857 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2007  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com