Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Anyone have this issue

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone have this issue
OneFastHatch.
¯
Member # 9537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneFastHatch.  Ford pictures for OneFastHatch.  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Car runs and drives fine but if I stall the car I can't turn it back over I swapped coils Tfi module when I turn the dizzy back and forth I can hear it turn on the fuel pump etc. as if you turned the key over (this happens when the key is on the on position)

--------------------
1991 fobra (slow)

Tom Renzo
¯
Member # 13165

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Renzo  Ford pictures for Tom Renzo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Every time you turn the dizzy with the car keyed you will pulse the PIP and the pump will run and time out unless the engine starts.This is normal. When the car stalls crank it over and test for spark. Then you can check fuel pressure one is missing you will have to figure which one by process of elimination. Good luck!!

NOTE does it crank??? Turning over and not starting are two different things

Does it crank and not start??
Or does it not crank at all??

[ 2014-01-26, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: Tom Renzo ]

--------------------
I spend money i don't have. Building cars i don't need. To impress people i don't know.

OneFastHatch.
¯
Member # 9537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneFastHatch.  Ford pictures for OneFastHatch.  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It is cranking... Question fuel pressure line should spit out a lot and continue right? Just not a little dripple

--------------------
1991 fobra (slow)

Tom Renzo
¯
Member # 13165

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Renzo  Ford pictures for Tom Renzo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You have to check it with a GAUGE. Normally i hook one up and tape it to the windshield and watch it as i drive when i think a fuel issue is evident. Good luck!!

--------------------
I spend money i don't have. Building cars i don't need. To impress people i don't know.

OneFastHatch.
¯
Member # 9537

Just got one and we tested it should the pressure drop from 26 ish down within a minute to 8 ?

--------------------
1991 fobra (slow)

Tom Renzo
¯
Member # 13165

BINGO YOU HAVE A PUMP ISSUE. Or fuel delivery issue. Some early fords have a nasty habit of splitting the connector hose in the sender assembly. What year is the car?? Pump most likely. Time for a 255

[ 2014-01-27, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: Tom Renzo ]

--------------------

OneFastHatch.
¯
Member # 9537

We'll I just had a friend with me cranking pressure hits 40ish then drops I just put a new dizzy Tfi module coil I'm kinda stumped at this. I don't got a lot it time to work on I since I work 12 hour days..

--------------------
1991 fobra (slow)

saleen428
¯
Member # 7535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleen428  Ford pictures for saleen428    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1. Do you have consistent spark when cranking?

2. Using a gauge, test the cranking fuel pressure 3 times and record it. The fuel pressure must be in spec consistently. Please post back your results.

One of my cars had the same symptoms. My fuel pressure fluxuated by only 4 psi between multiple cranking tests which dropped it just under specs occassionally. Replacing the fuel pump resolved issue. Yours may or may not be the same, but thought I would share.

--------------------
Fords for Life

VENOMUS PONY 5.0
¯
Member # 7785

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VENOMUS PONY 5.0  Ford pictures for VENOMUS PONY 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had the same issue bought a new dizzy tfi coil and new pump still the same. So I started to tweak off of it and it was the ground to the coil it was bad check your wiring..

--------------------
If You Want More Inches - Stroke It!!!
Mystery stang in the works..

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i wish i could come and help u man, but i got problems at the moment.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com