Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 5 days in and my first problem has reared its face...update 2 (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 5 days in and my first problem has reared its face...update 2
Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Replaced all 4 spark plugs and actually got the car to start.

however if i let the rpms stay under 2k it bogs out and dies.

any ideas?

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

If you can read this, then it's burrito time

Originally posted by 2T0NE
Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Posts: 3768 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
93 5.0
¯
Member # 12418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 5.0  Ford pictures for 93 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My v8 did the same that on the 4th too and my prob was my ecu went out on me it did the same thing yours did and gave me 8diff codes
Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Replaced cap, rotor, plugs and wires and it still won't start. After replacing the plugs I got it to start a few times but it bogged out and died if it fell below 2000 rpms. But again, still won't start. I'm stumped and irate cause I need this thing to start so I can sell it, I am absolutely sick of this car.

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

93 5.0
¯
Member # 12418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 5.0  Ford pictures for 93 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Any codes?
Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

quote:
Originally posted by 93 5.0:
Any codes?

I don't have a code reader, but, there is no CEL. I bought a new TFI, gonna install later today and attempt to set my timing.

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

93 5.0
¯
Member # 12418

You can use a paper clip and jump it over the cel will flash and tell you the code mine did the same and I put the clip to it and 8 code came up
Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

I replaced the TFI and it started once but very rough, I let it fall under 1500 rpm and it died. I'm forced to believe that the timing belt has skipped a tooth or 3 because it's very violent sometimes when it trys to start up.

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com