Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » stroker 347

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: stroker 347
stang up
¯
Member # 11117

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stang up  Ford pictures for stang up    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Would like to know if a scat is good brand for crank. Someone onhere is selling kit for 500

--------------------
88 gt
92 gt
68 cougar xr7
87 Gt roller build in the works
And a bunch of chevys

Posts: 186 | From: RICHMOND SAN PABLO VALLEJO OG | Registered: Jul 2011  |  :
Built88LX
¯
Member # 10758

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Built88LX  Ford pictures for Built88LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Scat makes a very nice durable rotating assembly
Posts: 2390 | From: $acramento | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
Tripod
¯
Member # 12868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tripod  Ford pictures for Tripod    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just got a scat 347 stroker kit and its nice. 500 is a good price way less then what I payed. It will be worth it too

--------------------
1992 5.0 347 stroker fully built and supercharged
1992 5.0 daily driver with t4 turbo
1999 f350 full banks kit
2007 prius ...O yeah

stang up
¯
Member # 11117

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stang up  Ford pictures for stang up    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You know if theese areforged?

--------------------
88 gt
92 gt
68 cougar xr7
And a bunch of chevys

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stang up:
You know if theese areforged?

Scat makes many cranks to included forged, non forged, different alloys and lightened etc etc.

The more money, the better the crank.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
stang up
¯
Member # 11117

Whats the best cranks ?

--------------------
88 gt
92 gt
68 cougar xr7
And a bunch of chevys

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Whats the best cranks ?

If you mean what is the best small block ford SCAT crank then I would say the lightened 4340 cranks.

--------------------

stang up
¯
Member # 11117

No whats the best brand small block ford crank ?

--------------------
88 gt
92 gt
68 cougar xr7
And a bunch of chevys

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:

Too debatable but would be BILLET.

--------------------

stang up
¯
Member # 11117

Ok yea i know its a big debate like im debating to go with 347 or with a Windsor

--------------------
88 gt
92 gt
68 cougar xr7
And a bunch of chevys

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
Ok yea i know its a big debate like im debating to go with 347 or with a Windsor

Nothing runs like a 331 when setup right my man.

--------------------

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
quote:

Nothing runs like a 331 when setup right my man.
+1 I miss my old 331, it was a monster!
stang up
¯
Member # 11117

331 ?

--------------------
88 gt
92 gt
68 cougar xr7
And a bunch of chevys

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
331 ?

3.25 crank instead of a 3.4 like a 347

5.4 rods

4.030 bore= 331

stang up
¯
Member # 11117

Why did you get rid of your 331 ?

--------------------
88 gt
92 gt
68 cougar xr7
And a bunch of chevys

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

quote:
Why did you get rid of your 331 ?

Sold the car it was in, smh... was a clean caged coupe.
lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lxhatch5.0  Ford pictures for lxhatch5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Enlighten us on the 331 Turbo50 some would think that a 347 would ripp harder; going back to the saying more cubes/inches = more power. I thought the 347 issues with burning oil got fixed with all the newer ring profiles. Idk I'm just saying id like to know this too [burnout] [burnout]

--------------------
*Municipio Yanga Veracruz

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

331's rip harder and rev higher because of the shorter stroke crank...
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
Originally posted by lxhatch5.0:
Enlighten us on the 331 Turbo50 some would think that a 347 would ripp harder; going back to the saying more cubes/inches = more power. I thought the 347 issues with burning oil got fixed with all the newer ring profiles. Idk I'm just saying id like to know this too [burnout] [burnout]

Dunno, 331s just rip. Add a power adder and omg

--------------------

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by lxhatch5.0:

Dunno, 331s just rip. Add a power adder and omg
[Big Grin]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Charged50:
331's rip harder and rev higher because of the shorter stroke crank...

+1 Shorter stroke allows to rev faster/higher, combined with the added cubes makes for a great street motor. It's the Ford version of the Chevy 327 which was a great performance motor.

[ 2013-07-06, 10:17 AM: Message edited by: wilit ]

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Too debatable but would be BILLET.
This...! Every one claims they are the best. I have a Sonny Bryant billet crank. Good to 1800hp+ Cost me 1825 shipped. I believe It is one of the best cranks out right now. But There are a few top end companies all seem to be right there with their products.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

stang up
¯
Member # 11117

Yea. I got a 327 and its a beast 331 sounds nice how hard are they .to come by and rods for for it ?

[ 2013-07-08, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: stang up ]

--------------------
88 gt
92 gt
68 cougar xr7
And a bunch of chevys

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com