Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Who uses TWEECER?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Who uses TWEECER?
SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who uses this? The 91 coupe that I bought came with TWEECER already installed along with 5 setting tune selector. I'm about done with my 331 build and will be dropping it in soon. I need to pointed in the right direction to get started. What do I need to download or do I just hook my laptop up to the computer?

Thanks
[patriot]

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://stangtuning.net/forum.php

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
RAP66
¯
Member # 3360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RAP66  Ford pictures for RAP66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There are also 2 yahoo groups that discuss the tweecer.

Depending on how into it you are, I would suggest going for a good quality dyno tune and not bother with the tweecer. The learning curve is very steep and in my experience I was always messing with it. You need to know what your messing with and understand what happens when you change things.

--------------------
91GT Kurgan Tuned:12lbs of boost 492.4 rwhp / 483.1 rwtq
http://killcarb.org/

www.fordstrokers.com

Posts: 893 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
speeddhb
¯
Member # 6593

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for speeddhb  Ford pictures for speeddhb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you lived close to Sac I could hook you up with a couple a people.

--------------------
IT's fast, I have the 17sec time slip to prove it!

RAP66
¯
Member # 3360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RAP66  Ford pictures for RAP66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SnakeBit:
What do I need to download or do I just hook my laptop up to the computer?

Thanks
[patriot]

If you really want to do this yourself. In order to hook it up to your PC/Laptop you need to get the twEECer R/T and purchase a copy of CalEdit/Calcon, a compatible BIN for your ECR and time (lots of time to understand what you're doing) By time you have this you could have your car tuned (as I stated earlier).

-Rich

--------------------
91GT Kurgan Tuned:12lbs of boost 492.4 rwhp / 483.1 rwtq
http://killcarb.org/

www.fordstrokers.com

Posts: 893 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
a50sn95
¯
Member # 527

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a50sn95  Ford pictures for a50sn95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The website for the Tweecer is:
http://www.tweecer.com/
You can download Caledit and Calcon from the downloads link, no cost.
Read the install guide.
Join the Yahoo support group on the support link.
There are some Youtube videos you can watch too:
http://www.youtube.com/user/tweecer?feature=mhum

Mike Glover (the developer of this device) is pretty responsive on the Yahoo support group.
Good Luck, there is LOTS to learn, and LOTS to fiddle with. I haven't touched mine in a few years, but will be getting my shortblock back soon and start playing again....

CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Who uses this? The 91 coupe that I bought came with TWEECER already installed along with 5 setting tune selector. I'm about done with my 331 build and will be dropping it in soon. I need to pointed in the right direction to get started. What do I need to download or do I just hook my laptop up to the computer?

Thanks
[patriot]

The basics..timing, fuel, and spark (all adjustable on the tweecer). There are even several different ways to adjust all that on the tweecer as well. What does the current car have and how does it run? To be honest if you are running MAF on the new combo the fox computer can adjust very well to your new combination without the tweecer (as long as the cam is not too excessive for the combo and you are only adjusting timing and fuel pressure). It will not run perfect, but that is where the tweecer/tuning comes in...
Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CobramanPhil:
quote:

Thanks
[patriot]

The basics..timing, fuel, and spark (all adjustable on the tweecer). There are even several different ways to adjust all that on the tweecer as well. What does the current car have and how does it run? To be honest if you are running MAF on the new combo the fox computer can adjust very well to your new combination without the tweecer (as long as the cam is not too excessive for the combo and you are only adjusting timing and fuel pressure). It will not run perfect, but that is where the tweecer/tuning comes in...
My car had a stock 302 in it with a b cam & 24lbs injectors & Tweecer is already installed. Im about to drop in the new motor this weekend. so right now the engine bay is naked.

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com