Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 93 need help

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 93 need help
93 5.0
¯
Member # 12418

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for 93 5.0  Ford pictures for 93 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I. Have a 93 stang with gt40p heads and gt40 upper and lower and a put a e303 cam and my car feels slower I thin what I did with the stock cam any idea why this is ?
nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrous_bob  Ford pictures for nitrous_bob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
any porting ?

what rockers ?

and what intake ?

what are the numbers on the lower ? you may have slowed it down, because not all gt40 "looking" lowers are the correct size

theres a "AA" lower and a "BA" lower look by the dizzy cutout
one is gt40, one is explorer

The BA is .96"x1.65" and the AA is 1.00"x1.80"

and P heads have smaller valves than real gt40, not much bigger than stock

stock = 1.78/1.45
P = 1.84/1.54
gt40 = 1.90/1.60

did you dyno b4 after ?

did you take it to the track b4 / after ?

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

Posts: 1402 | From: st clair shores MI | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
93 5.0
¯
Member # 12418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 5.0  Ford pictures for 93 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got the set up from a buddy and before with a 4.6 and I had the stock cam and then I put the e cam in and he pulled on me hard and his car just has xpipe and cold air but the heads were ported and new val and springs
90 7up lx
¯
Member # 10304

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90 7up lx  Ford pictures for 90 7up lx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Timing?
Posts: 1266 | From: north valley | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
93 5.0
¯
Member # 12418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 5.0  Ford pictures for 93 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's was set at 12
nasty93
¯
Member # 8935

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nasty93  Ford pictures for nasty93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maybe you need to learn to shift differently with this cam
Posts: 464 | From: windsor ,ca | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
93 5.0
¯
Member # 12418

I look at the intake and it's a ba
93 5.0
¯
Member # 12418

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for 93 5.0  Ford pictures for 93 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is also my first stang too before it was Hondas
nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrous_bob  Ford pictures for nitrous_bob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well the plain truth is....all the stuff you used doesnt make any more power really. none noticible anyways.

its all basically explorer stuff, and the stock cam is actually pretty decent

throw a small shot of nitrous on there, along with 4.10 gears and that car will wake up. it will also take advantage of what youve done, and and you'll multiply your gains

if you do all that....look for a set of cheater slicks like mickey thompson "et streets" radials are nicer in rain but either way will look like a mo-fo

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

Posts: 1402 | From: st clair shores MI | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Chinitzzz
¯
Member # 10751

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chinitzzz  Ford pictures for Chinitzzz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wat if the manifold says bb?

--------------------
1987 coupe -under construction

Grants93GT
¯
Member # 10614

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grants93GT  Ford pictures for Grants93GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am also curious about this. A gt40p set up with an E cam should be around 250wheel, no? The difference between the stock cam and E cam was almost non existent power wise. I dont understand why. The timing marks on both crank gear and cam gear were lined up, it was not degreed at all. The distributor is set correctly and timed at 12degrees. I would imagine there would be some sort of gain from the E cam, even if it is outdated.
Why would there be such minimal gains? I have heard of some gt40p and E cam combos become pretty solid when put in a fox. What have people done to make them quicker? It is stock gearing, probably 3.08s. I imagine 3.73s or 4.10s would be a noticeable difference, but i expected some gain from the cam as well.

Posts: 208 | From: Central Valley | Registered: Jan 2011  |  :
93 5.0
¯
Member # 12418

So I put new plugs in and it's like it wants to go but something holding it bak like pulling bak -_- idk

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com