Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » next best upgrade vor my notch (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: next best upgrade vor my notch
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by nitrous_bob:
quote:
Originally posted by 93NotchbackLX:
so you guys are trying to say that with everything i have on my car im only at 205? how is that possible when these babies came stock at around 215 right?

yes at the crank

they are about 185 at the wheels all stock, and your mods have not added anything really to be honest

the stock induction is good for 300 hp, so adding an intake , or TB, or MAF doesnt make you a single thing

if peple have proven they got faster by doing so, what they had was broken or improperly working

Thank You for elaborating Bob, didnt want to have to pull up the charts and hurt his feelings. LoL
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You want your car to take corners confidently?
Buy a panhard bar

Won't hurt your qtr mile times or launches whatsoever

They are factory in newer mustangs for a reason

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

4 CAM FOX
¯
Member # 11891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4 CAM FOX  Ford pictures for 4 CAM FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WELD IN subframe connectors. Torque box reinforcements.

--------------------
"The clutch is on the left. Gas on the right."
"What's this one in the middle?"
"It's for pussies."

nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrous_bob  Ford pictures for nitrous_bob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sneakyfox90:
Can you break into 11's with that setup?

And to the op it's guna take heads cam n intake + s-trim if u really want 400 at the wheels with your 5.0

it should be good for 11.80's, its not been to the track though. FYI my car with me in it...weighs under 3200

and HCI with s trim is good for more than 400

i have 2 buddies, that do 497, and the other is 512

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

Posts: 1402 | From: st clair shores MI | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
93NotchbackLX
¯
Member # 12122

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93NotchbackLX  Ford pictures for 93NotchbackLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Nifty50:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by nitrous_bob:
[qb] [QUOTE]Originally posted by 93NotchbackLX:
[qb] so you guys are trying to say that with everything i have on my car im only at 205? how is that possible when these babies came stock at around 215 right?

yes at the crank

they are about 185 at the wheels all stock, and your mods have not added anything really to be honest

the stock induction is good for 300 hp, so adding an intake , or TB, or MAF doesnt make you a single thing

if peple have proven they got faster by doing so, what they had was broken or improperly working

Holy shit okay i was told incorrect information, well thanks for clearing up how much horsepower i have, guess ill have to take it to a dyno one day

--------------------
93' CoupeLX w/ BBK-Pulleys, Fuel Pump, Strut Tower Brace, TB, TBS, EGR spacer,Intake, headers.MsD Cap and rotor,x pipe & magnapac,Eibach springs

85staNg302
¯
Member # 9450

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 85staNg302  Ford pictures for 85staNg302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hmm I went 12.50 at 107 with 355s headers and slicks no spray..I see it breaking into 12.3s with minor adjustments
Posts: 1561 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93NotchbackLX:
so you guys are trying to say that with everything i have on my car im only at 205? how is that possible when these babies came stock at around 215 right?

That's most likely to the crank. My car made 220rwhp all stock with just longtubes. If you're planning breaking 400's you're definitely gonna have to give up on the N/A part unless you wanna spend more cash building it past 400 N/A than you would with spray or boost.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18530 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
93NotchbackLX
¯
Member # 12122

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93NotchbackLX  Ford pictures for 93NotchbackLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
where can i find a supercharger kit for a fair price?

--------------------
93' CoupeLX w/ BBK-Pulleys, Fuel Pump, Strut Tower Brace, TB, TBS, EGR spacer,Intake, headers.MsD Cap and rotor,x pipe & magnapac,Eibach springs

95gtdrop
¯
Member # 7478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95gtdrop  Ford pictures for 95gtdrop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey get back to work !!!!

--------------------
1997 SVT cobra SOLD;(
2004 SVT Cobra Vert

Posts: 1221 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
H/C/I/S-trim should net closer to 500RW with good parts.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Greasy:
H/C/I/S-trim should net closer to 500RW with good parts.

I wouldn't be comfortable running that with a stock block that you want to last for a while without splitting LOL

it's not smart to push it right to your blocks limit, It would be smarter to run that same setup at a reliable, comfortable, 400ish to the wheels, unless u got a real block.

if my goal was a minimum of 400 to the wheels with a 302, id run a hci s-trim combo

[ October 09, 2012, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: sneakyfox90 ]

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oh well it's just a stock short block they're a dime a dozen as long as you don't mess up your heads in the process then screw it.

There's a dude on the Corral that split his stock block with a N/A 347 making 363RW. Some will last forever and others will break barely pushing anything.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com