Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 87-93 mustang - how to setup no AC & PS???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 87-93 mustang - how to setup no AC & PS???
510Notch
¯
Member # 9353

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510Notch  Ford pictures for 510Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
With a stock rev rotation water pump how do i get this to work???

if you need to know why i have them removed....its not a daily driven street car [Wink]

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you get the ac delete bracket the moves your ps up to where your ac was?

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
norcalfiddy
¯
Member # 11207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcalfiddy  Ford pictures for norcalfiddy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You will need a standard rotation waterpump for a 85 crown vic with a 5.8.

--------------------
600HP 1996 7.3L powerstroke single cab short bed race truck

Posts: 3393 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So you just are using, the alternator, water pump, and crank pulleys? This is how I do it, I cut off the nipple from the back of tensior and manually move the tensior to tight up the belt.

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww41/blackgt86/Picture141.jpg

[ September 04, 2012, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: racsirx ]

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ran my old car like this before with no issues, using a race crank pulley it still kept cool. Not a ton of contact on the Waterpump pulley but it worked.
 -

Run my current car like this, with a standard rotation waterpump, and a grooved waterpump pulley from ASP.

-

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

510Notch
¯
Member # 9353

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510Notch  Ford pictures for 510Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
So you just are using, the alternator, water pump, and crank pulleys?

yes, just those 3. heres what I plan to use
 -

since the grooved side of the belt will be in contact with the stock 5.0L water pump pulley (smooth), will the smooth pulley cause problems down the road with slippage and affect cooling?

if a grooved pulley is needed where can i get one from?

thanks for the info norcalfiddy on what car/pump to use [patriot]

edit - just seen the post above

[ September 04, 2012, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: 510Notch ]

Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 510Notch:
quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
So you just are using, the alternator, water pump, and crank pulleys?

yes, just those 3. heres what I plan to use
 -

since the grooved side of the belt will be in contact with the stock 5.0L water pump pulley (smooth), will the smooth pulley cause problems down the road with slippage and affect cooling?

if a grooved pulley is needed where can i get one from?

thanks for the info norcalfiddy on what car/pump to use [patriot]

you will need a standard rotation that way.

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

510Notch
¯
Member # 9353

quote:
Originally posted by Camara90:
Ran my old car like this before with no issues, using a race crank pulley it still kept cool. Not a ton of contact on the Waterpump pulley but it worked.
 -

Run my current car like this, with a standard rotation waterpump, and a grooved waterpump pulley from ASP.

-

thanks those pics clear things up for me alot.

Im trying to duplicate the second pic's setup what size belt are you running and do you know the ASP pulley part number? thanks

[ September 04, 2012, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: 510Notch ]

Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Model- asp-820021

Just call ASP directly, thats what I did.

Belt size varies to much from pulleys/Waterpump etc.. you will have to measure.

--------------------
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

norcalfiddy
¯
Member # 11207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcalfiddy  Ford pictures for norcalfiddy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have the same setup as the second pic. With underdrive pullies and i use a 44.5 in belt

--------------------
600HP 1996 7.3L powerstroke single cab short bed race truck

Posts: 3393 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How do you route if u have the s trim set up and alt is down low and no PS No AC No SP

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
How do you route if u have the s trim set up and alt is down low and no PS No AC No SP

Good question, if its supercharged what will the belt routing be ?

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com