Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Lower intake manifold coolant leak

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Lower intake manifold coolant leak
jayzers46
¯
Member # 12093

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayzers46  Ford pictures for jayzers46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey guys new to the site. I have a 99 GT with PI motor just noticed a small coolant leak coming from the rear lower intake manifold drivers side. Ended up being a small crack so I purchased a new ford racing intake manifold and fel pro gaskets cleaned the heads no pitting whatsoever bolted it up torqued to 228inlbs in sequence checked torque again when motor was hot and everything checked out drove for a day now I have a slight coolant leak from the passengers side rear. Checked torque again in sequence and its still leaking. I'm thinking of taking it all off buying new gaskets and running a very small bead of black rtv just for extra insurance. Any ideas or pointers are welcomed.

--------------------
-The Jayzer

blown95svt
¯
Member # 8893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blown95svt  Ford pictures for blown95svt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You need to find the source of the leak, may be a bad gasket. I have had a couple issues with ford oil cooler gaskets with the superdutys. Pressure check it and use a mirror to see the leak.

--------------------
95 cobra blown 331 gr40 suspension
***NEED QUALITY WORK FOR HALF THE PRICE? I DO SIDE JOBS! PM FOR DETAILS***
www.norcalmotorcompany.com

Posts: 1434 | From: roseville | Registered: Jan 2009  |  :
moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I didnt do my intake for tje very same reason but i watched and some silicone was used in areas with the gasket so i say from watching it be done tjat should vhandle it

--------------------
95 stroked and blown cobra

Posts: 2387 | From: antioch ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
nasty93
¯
Member # 8935

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nasty93  Ford pictures for nasty93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I use black rtv front n back where lower intake meets block and heads...
Posts: 464 | From: windsor ,ca | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
jayzers46
¯
Member # 12093

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayzers46  Ford pictures for jayzers46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sweet thanks guys just got my Ford Racing Intake Manifold today returned the Dorman with the quickness that thing was a piece of crap but did the trick to hold me over till the Ford Intake came in the mail. I used the black rtv on both the front and rear coolant ports sealed up like a dream.

--------------------
-The Jayzer

blown95svt
¯
Member # 8893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blown95svt  Ford pictures for blown95svt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jayzers46:
Sweet thanks guys just got my Ford Racing Intake Manifold today returned the Dorman with the quickness that thing was a piece of crap but did the trick to hold me over till the Ford Intake came in the mail. I used the black rtv on both the front and rear coolant ports sealed up like a dream.

those dormans are junk! the o ring design on them is terrible.

--------------------
95 cobra blown 331 gr40 suspension
***NEED QUALITY WORK FOR HALF THE PRICE? I DO SIDE JOBS! PM FOR DETAILS***
www.norcalmotorcompany.com

Posts: 1434 | From: roseville | Registered: Jan 2009  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com