Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » What is this part? (door lock related?)

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: What is this part? (door lock related?)
90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am trying to figure out where this rod goes. I am pretty sure I removed it from the power door lock on the passenger side of the car a while back when I removed the rod which allows you to push down and lock the door from inside.

When I look at the driver's side I do not see any rods like this.

Do you happen to know where it goes? Maybe it has nothing to do with door locks but it would be nice to figure out and put it back where it belongs.

-  -

Thanks in advance

[ May 05, 2012, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: 90FoX ]

Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
norcalfiddy
¯
Member # 11207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcalfiddy  Ford pictures for norcalfiddy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
for the outer door handle.

--------------------
600HP 1996 7.3L powerstroke single cab short bed race truck

Posts: 3393 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
norcalfiddy
¯
Member # 11207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcalfiddy  Ford pictures for norcalfiddy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
bent part hooks to the handle and other side snaps on to the door lock thing. lol

--------------------

90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm able to still open the door from outside without it. Is this normal? The door handle shouldn't open the door without this right? I'll take a peek and see if I can figure it out.
ItzStock
¯
Member # 9665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ItzStock  Ford pictures for ItzStock    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
probably goes to the door lock itself?
Posts: 1394 | From: Vallejo, Ca | Registered: Dec 2009  |  :
norcalfiddy
¯
Member # 11207

quote:
Originally posted by 90FoX:
I'm able to still open the door from outside without it. Is this normal? The door handle shouldn't open the door without this right? I'll take a peek and see if I can figure it out.

i just looked at some extra doors i have, its could be either for the outer handle (witch its not, since you still can open from the outside) or for the power locks, do you have power locks? do they work still?

[ May 05, 2012, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: norcalfiddy ]

--------------------

90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

yes the power door locks work fine. everything functions fine. so odd. i wonder where i pulled this from [Confused] been years since i pulled it from the door...

<---moron [Frown]

ALMOST STOCK
¯
Member # 10085

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ALMOST STOCK  Ford pictures for ALMOST STOCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This might help?

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v489/almoststock/Here%20Today%20--Gone%20Tomorrow/?action=view¤t=DoorandActuatorassembly.jpg

Posts: 94 | From: Cameron Park, Calif | Registered: Jun 2010  |  :
ItzStock
¯
Member # 9665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ItzStock  Ford pictures for ItzStock    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
yes the power door locks work fine. everything functions fine. so odd. i wonder where i pulled this from [Confused] been years since i pulled it from the door...

<---moron [Frown]

Does your key unlock the door?
Posts: 1394 | From: Vallejo, Ca | Registered: Dec 2009  |  :
90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

quote:
Originally posted by ItzStock:
quote:

<---moron [Frown]

Does your key unlock the door?
Yes it does. When I compare it to the driver's side it looks the same. all the rods are on the pass side as there are on the drivers side.

Maybe this isn't a door lock rod?

lol wtf!

Almost stock - I looked at the pic. still not sure where.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it may go from the lock to the hinge to unlock the door when you pull the inner handle.

some people remove that as a theft deterrent.

[ May 06, 2012, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: Blind ]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

I wouldn't be able to open the door when it is locked then correct? When I lock the door and pull the handle inside it unlocks automatically and opens the door.

I'm so lost as to what the purpose of this piece is. Everything functions correctly. [Confused]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com