Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Hard clutch pedal

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Hard clutch pedal
Santos1986gt
¯
Member # 10513

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Santos1986gt  Ford pictures for Santos1986gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my boy just changed the his clutch cable and the pedal is extremely hard. Do you think that it could be the quadrant, fork, or the clutch itself. It's also grinds when putting into gear. Also it has a oem clutch cable & quadrant. Lmk

--------------------
86gt minor upgrades(under construction)
2012 Focus SE (racing chip)?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
Xgotsome4me4

Posts: 271 | From: East Palo alto | Registered: Dec 2010  |  :
dvuspny
¯
Member # 10949

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for dvuspny  Ford pictures for dvuspny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Didn't align things during the install....and or has the cable routed incorrectly!

--------------------
* -DV8- from the just the "norm." *
DVUS MOTORSPORTS ALBUM - http://s1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa349/Dvus_Motorsports/

Posts: 1221 | From: ~BAY AREA~ | Registered: May 2011  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lift up on the clutch pedal and stamp it back to the floor a couple times, you need to reset the adjuster on the stock quad whenever you change anything.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrous_bob  Ford pictures for nitrous_bob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Santos1986gt:
Also it has a oem clutch cable & quadrant. Lmk

theres your first mistake....and it will cost you another clutch in as little as a week ( i smoked one in a day)

you need to remove the 30 yr old plastic junk that has dry rotted and replace with good aluminum quadrant

adjust it correctly...it should start to engage about a inch off the floor

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

Posts: 1402 | From: st clair shores MI | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Santos1986gt
¯
Member # 10513

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Santos1986gt  Ford pictures for Santos1986gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by nitrous_bob:
quote:
Originally posted by Santos1986gt:
Also it has a oem clutch cable & quadrant. Lmk

theres your first mistake....and it will cost you another clutch in as little as a week ( i smoked one in a day)

you need to remove the 30 yr old plastic junk that has dry rotted and replace with good aluminum quadrant

adjust it correctly...it should start to engage about a inch off the floor

Yeah I know! That's what I told him I just wanted to make sure to see if their was something that could be done before I have him spend more money. Thanks!

--------------------
86gt minor upgrades(under construction)
2012 Focus SE (racing chip)?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
Xgotsome4me4

Posts: 271 | From: East Palo alto | Registered: Dec 2010  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com