Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Fuel injector cleaning

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Fuel injector cleaning
Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Replacing my 5.0L engine in my '95 F150 truck and just pulled the fuel rail and injectors. I want to clean the injectors. Is there a "home brew" for doing this or should I take them somewhere? If I should have them professionally done, do you know of a place to take them in the Concord to Brentwood area, and roughly how much does this process cost?
I didn't have an issue with them, however they are quite dirty on the outside. They are the 4 hole spray, 19# stock injectors. The pintle caps look ok and the o rings seem fine. Just want to make sure they're clean. I bought a new, stock long block and have to move some parts from the old to the new.

Thanks!

wilber650
¯
Member # 10360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilber650  Ford pictures for wilber650    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Always had this question also.. Wat I do is seafoam my vehicles and. It works wonders.. Nd injectors r ussually dirty on outside but if u see the the seals were then seafoam should to the rest.

--------------------
2014 mustang Gt
2004 f150 fx4
1998 Cobra sold
1994 Gt sold

triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
berryman chem dip will clean the outside there is also a gu on ebay that will sell you new filters for the injectors in a kit that has orings and pintle caps too as far as the inside you will to have a set up for that goggle it for details
Posts: 1730 | From: sacramento ca | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
there is a place in livermore called fuel injection corp. that I believe will clean and flow check. try giving them a call. also you can get rebuilt injectors from monument for $40 each

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Awesome, thanks for the replies. I think I will give them a call tomorrow just to see what they charge and if I can wait while they do it since I live too far for two trips.

I see a few cleaned up sets on eBay too. Bought some 4 hole spray ones for my Mustang a while back from eBay and they're working well.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com