Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Hood Scoop

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Hood Scoop
sigsagg650
¯
Member # 8368

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sigsagg650  Ford pictures for sigsagg650    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can anyone tell me how I can have air flow through my stock mustang Gt's hood scoop? Will I need to cut a hole in the hood?
Posts: 158 | From: Mountain View | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
Farrell
¯
Member # 10801

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farrell  Ford pictures for Farrell    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you mind if i ask why you want to do that? all it will do on a stock EFI gt is make it so that water soaks your motor when it rains.... unless you plan on putting a mach one style air intake on that sits right on top of the motor (ram air), you won't see any performance gains...

if you really want to do it:

http://motortalkblog.com/2010/12/05/how-to-make-a-01-04-mustang-gt-hood-scoop-functional/

--------------------
Learn as if you'll live forever, live as it you're going to die tomorrow - Ghandi

Posts: 287 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
Sicarius428
¯
Member # 7236

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sicarius428  Ford pictures for Sicarius428    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Even the Ram Air or Shaker is a far stretch for performance other than possibly cooler air, which the stock airbox can get plenty from the fender. The Shaker on all of the mustangs, even back in 69 and 70 are in the wrong spot and pointed in the wrong direction. As the airflow hits the front of the hood. It directs the air right over the hood and it then swirls back down right in front of the cowl. The cowl is a high pressure area so that is why the cowl induction worked and the 6.6 liter firechickes pointed the air intake backwards...
Other than getting your motor wet and weakening the fiberglass hood, there is nothing to gain...
Kevin

sigsagg650
¯
Member # 8368

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sigsagg650  Ford pictures for sigsagg650    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks. I guess i'm just going to have to find me an 03 cobra hood.
Posts: 158 | From: Mountain View | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sigsagg650:
Thanks. I guess i'm just going to have to find me an 03 cobra hood.

flip the scoop around (pointing to the rear) cut a hole under it and bam! heat extractor hood lol
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com