Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » What the hell is up with my dyno (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: What the hell is up with my dyno
MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by copcar:
I'm confused as to why the vehicle would be dynoed in third. Was that requested by someone?

check out the new years dyno day thread in the events section and youll see why.......
copcar
¯
Member # 10113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for copcar  Ford pictures for copcar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Weird... I have only dynoed customers cars in different gears to check afr for tunes on ECUs with gear select specific timing retard. Basically each gear had it's own tune. I think the guys were running an AEM ecu... Import stuff. I kind-of understand though. Less load on the engine in 3rd than 4th. May have saved some "on the dyno" failures due to bad tunes. You never know what is going to show up on a dyno day.

[ January 12, 2012, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: copcar ]

--------------------
12.37@ 109.34.NA 894DA Old Nitto 555 DR's Gt40 irons. B cam/1.7's, All emissions equipment on the car, stock air box. UPR catted X pipe.

BruhBrahBrad
¯
Member # 9497

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruhBrahBrad  Ford pictures for BruhBrahBrad  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My wires are currently less than a year old, its not really in the budget to replace what works right now.
SAV SVT
¯
Member # 7848

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAV SVT  Ford pictures for SAV SVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mach 5oh:
Unfortunately no a/f was used. And I'm not sure but I don't think everyone elses graph from the dyne day looked like that. if anybody else were there today tell me if yours is like this also

Yea I was there, but my dyno graph was smooth all the way up. I was sitting in your trunk when you made that 4th gear pull and there was hella black smoke coming out I though it was gonna go. I think doing the pull in 4th is a lot of stress on your car it took a while for you to get to redline. I remember when my cobra was stock it would take for ever to get to redline. 3rd seem to be a lot less stress full on your car. No smoke at least. I cant get that youtube link to work [Confused] just brings me to the youtube main page. Ill see if I can post a pic of my graph.

--------------------
-SAVAGE HABITS-
SVT COBRA VERT

MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SAV SVT:
quote:
Originally posted by Mach 5oh:
Unfortunately no a/f was used. And I'm not sure but I don't think everyone elses graph from the dyne day looked like that. if anybody else were there today tell me if yours is like this also

Yea I was there, but my dyno graph was smooth all the way up. I was sitting in your trunk when you made that 4th gear pull and there was hella black smoke coming out I though it was gonna go. I think doing the pull in 4th is a lot of stress on your car it took a while for you to get to redline. I remember when my cobra was stock it would take for ever to get to redline. 3rd seem to be a lot less stress full on your car. No smoke at least. I cant get that youtube link to work [Confused] just brings me to the youtube main page. Ill see if I can post a pic of my graph.
yeah a 4th gear pull with 190rwhp or so would take a while but with 3.73's what is the top speed reached at redline?
BruhBrahBrad
¯
Member # 9497

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruhBrahBrad  Ford pictures for BruhBrahBrad  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
shit my speedo is off, so i wouldnt be able to tell you.. and yeah my car was strugglin, but im about to install new plugs and test it tonight.
MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

what size tires are you running and how many rpms do you spin it up to?
BruhBrahBrad
¯
Member # 9497

i got 295's on the back, and i took it all the way up to 6k. I got the plugs in, and it seems to rev alot smoother, I couldnt actually test the car though. I seem to have lost my brakes over the last few days, one of my lines from the booster is leaking, wont hold pressure. gonna replace that tomorrow,and get some driving tests.
BruhBrahBrad
¯
Member # 9497

same shit, it ran REALLY good when I let it warm up for a few minutes, then took it out...then after running for a while it was back to the way it is, just a lil bit better, from the plugs n shit... I did a 4th gear pull on the freeway, and it wasnt smoking black, but it was lightly smoking out grey i'd say. It didnt make the weird noise though.. I think the car really needs a tune now, cause it is a 94 with a cam...I plan on putting some heads on it then tuning it, or maybe a vortech then tuning it, really no point in tuning it with what it has right now.
MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

your car only saw about 85mph on the dyno. the top of 4th should only see maybe 116mph. The car shouldnt struggle to hit either of those speeds.

Im not 5.0 computer expert but i would think that a cam change would necessitate a new tune, i might be wrong on that though.

grey smoke would probably be equated to bluish smoke. if thats the case maybe you have some bad rings??? i dont think that would cause a wavy dyno though. looks more like its gonna be an ignition thing still.

bayareapits
¯
Member # 4048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bayareapits  Ford pictures for bayareapits  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
during their 1st dyno i went,my graph was wavy,so figured i needed a tuneup so i did,cleaned my mass air and put street tires graph was smoother

--------------------
00 gt
88 drop gt vert
96 blk drop saleen clone..sold
95 blk drop fobra..sold
89 2 tone white grey bottom...sold to sis

American Iron Speed Shop
¯
Member # 6311

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for American Iron Speed Shop  Ford pictures for American Iron Speed Shop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im curious who pays to dyno with no a/f readings....... what exactly was the whole point? Dyno's are a tuning tool, with no a/f reading, no tuning.

--------------------
AmericanIronSpeedShop.com

Posts: 435 | From: Loomis Ca (sacramento) | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com