Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Gt-40 Tubular intake????

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Gt-40 Tubular intake????
just_another_ 91
¯
Member # 9317

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for just_another_ 91  Ford pictures for just_another_ 91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is a gt-40 tubular intake smog legal and if so does anybody no the smog number for it

--------------------
R.I.P 91 Black LX: 13.45@102.62

RAP66
¯
Member # 3360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RAP66  Ford pictures for RAP66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Best I can tell you... Is it smog legal? ...it depends.

It came stock on some lightnings & on the SMC? mustang.

It does not have an EO number (that I know of) so if you dont have one of the cars above then technically no; its not smog legal.

but there are some folks that will allow it.

--------------------
91GT Kurgan Tuned:12lbs of boost 492.4 rwhp / 483.1 rwtq
http://killcarb.org/

www.fordstrokers.com

Posts: 893 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Blubyu87gt
¯
Member # 9427

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blubyu87gt  Ford pictures for Blubyu87gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would say that yes it is a smog legal part. They are OE and came stock (as a cobra or explorer) on several models. The issue will be two things.
1) The tech doesn't know this and doesn't want the hassle of getting fined for being wrong. Regardless of what you say. Or if it is in fact legal.
2) The do know what they are looking for and depending on the lower manifold see that its not setup for an EGR system.
The lower manifolds out of the older Explorer (commonly used with tubular 351 lightning uppers on 302s) don't have the ACT sensor boss drilled in the #5 runner. Those manifolds also don't have proper egr provisions so they may see that and not smog it.

--------------------
Make something idiot proof and you only find a new class of idiot!

Posts: 98 | From: Charleston, SC | Registered: Aug 2009  |  :
RAP66
¯
Member # 3360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RAP66  Ford pictures for RAP66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not trying to argue with you Blu, but just discussing technicalities that its legal because of the fact that it was not a "stock" part on our cars. I have an LMAF, technically it is legal but not on a fox.

--------------------
91GT Kurgan Tuned:12lbs of boost 492.4 rwhp / 483.1 rwtq
http://killcarb.org/

www.fordstrokers.com

Posts: 893 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
95gtdrop
¯
Member # 7478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95gtdrop  Ford pictures for 95gtdrop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
depends on he smog tech i guess. technically no, unless its on a factory car. fucking california smog laws

although on my 95 gt i had a cobra upper/lower and i passed.

--------------------
1997 SVT cobra SOLD;(
2004 SVT Cobra Vert

Posts: 1221 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com