Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 351 Windsor...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 351 Windsor...
Driftking209
¯
Member # 10458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Driftking209  Ford pictures for Driftking209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Got a 351 Windsor out of a 1991 ford bronco what do I all need to do to drop it in a fox I know has all wrong heads etc just trying to figure out a price and what needs to be done thanks.
kaoticmk2
¯
Member # 5186

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kaoticmk2  Ford pictures for kaoticmk2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here you go enjoy

http://seattleblueovals.com/index.php?topic=21.0

[ August 04, 2011, 12:41 AM: Message edited by: kaoticmk2 ]

Driftking209
¯
Member # 10458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Driftking209  Ford pictures for Driftking209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thank you helped alot.
kaoticmk2
¯
Member # 5186

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kaoticmk2  Ford pictures for kaoticmk2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No problem
bentley mobs a stang
¯
Member # 11119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bentley mobs a stang  Ford pictures for bentley mobs a stang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that link is a massive helper. only a couple things id like to add. 1. if u plan on making it a legal street car, call the ref prior to your build, since hes the one who has to certify it anyways. ask him what hes gunna want to see. when i do my swap i need to figure out if the cats from the truck need to be on my mustang, i know ur not supposed to touch the midpipe, but also know they want all the smog equipment from the bronco to be swapped over(contradicting rules). and 2. the link above recommends getting a 351 lightning lower to bolt up to a gt40 (cobra) upper intake. from my experience the lower is next to impossible to find and ppl who sell them privately want guap for em. i think trickflow, eldy, and possibly holley sell these setups tho for probably the same price as the gt40 lightning intake and will outflow it too. good luck on ur build and hit me up if i can be of any help.
Driftking209
¯
Member # 10458

Thank appreciate the help I defiantly with thanks bro
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wouldnt tell em its a 351.
99.9% of smog guys out there wont be able to tell anyway. [Wink]

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
89foxstang
¯
Member # 5908

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89foxstang  Ford pictures for 89foxstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50DADDY:
I wouldnt tell em its a 351.
99.9% of smog guys out there wont be able to tell anyway. [Wink]

agreed ^ most smog guys wouldnt know the diff, but props for wanting to do it the right way it can only add value to the car if you were able to get it reffed!
Driftking209
¯
Member # 10458

Thanks I'll let u guys know how it goes when it's all finished

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com