Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » eec tuning

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: eec tuning
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so my brain is mush right now after all that reading..lol anyone got any experience with moates qh..please let me know what im getting myself into..

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go here:

http://eectuning.org/forums/

Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CobramanPhil:
Go here:

http://eectuning.org/forums/

my head still hurts from last week..haha

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
Blubyu87gt
¯
Member # 9427

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blubyu87gt  Ford pictures for Blubyu87gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What are you specifically trying to figure out is the big question. As you have seen by the research you have done already, it can nerve racking to say the least.

The BE software is the only way to go. It is also pretty easy to use.

Don't be intimidated by it and just get it. Play around with it for a bit and if you don't feel comfortable just take it to a shop for a dyno.

I have been using it on my maf'ed 87 for a while. Rollin on corn syrup and a 100 shot now. Was in the same boat when I was looking into getting one but well worth it as I have changed setups 4 times since I got it and had no issues getting it going right.

GET THE ROTARY SWITCH! Mount it in the glove box and use one of the positions as a kill. That way if some knuckle head decides he wants to try to steal your car he wont get far.

[ April 28, 2011, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: Blubyu87gt ]

--------------------
Make something idiot proof and you only find a new class of idiot!

Posts: 98 | From: Charleston, SC | Registered: Aug 2009  |  :
CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't use the QH, but I am a long time tweecerRT user and I think I can give you some specifics if you ask the right questions [Big Grin]

What eec are you using and what is you setup?

More than likely you would want to only change the base settings first (i.e. timing, fuel, idle) and worry about wot settings later. Do small changes one at a time and if you have not done so already get a W/B so you can monitor your a/f ratios.

[ April 28, 2011, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: CobramanPhil ]

Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
Blubyu87gt
¯
Member # 9427

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blubyu87gt  Ford pictures for Blubyu87gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^What he said^^^

I was actually looking at getting a tweecer rt for my turbo coupe I just finished. Do you use Cal Edit or Binary Editor for the software? I like what I see with it but hear horror stories about bugs in the software and poor support from the company.

--------------------
Make something idiot proof and you only find a new class of idiot!

Posts: 98 | From: Charleston, SC | Registered: Aug 2009  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com