Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Say what about GT40 heads????!!! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Say what about GT40 heads????!!!
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They are a great bang for the buck head. The problem is they have problem's blowing head gasket's when You start throwing even moderate boost at them & 10 pound's equal's plenty of head gasket being blown, yes there will be a fewe xception's to the rule. You are probably going to rationalize that You will be happy with the stock pulley on there but boost is addictive & You will end up pushing the envelope & after a few HG changes You will pony up for some goodt hick deck heads that will hold up. Dont get caught up with HP #'s, I alsway's go with MPH in the 1/8th or1/4 mile to see true power"SEE mY SIG [Big Grin] " .I have beat many 600-700 rwhp car with My car which has never put down MORE than 385rwhp on the dyno but has trapped in the high 120's.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hilltim54  Ford pictures for hilltim54    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
They are a great bang for the buck head. The problem is they have problem's blowing head gasket's when You start throwing even moderate boost at them & 10 pound's equal's plenty of head gasket being blown, yes there will be a fewe xception's to the rule. You are probably going to rationalize that You will be happy with the stock pulley on there but boost is addictive & You will end up pushing the envelope & after a few HG changes You will pony up for some goodt hick deck heads that will hold up. Dont get caught up with HP #'s, I alsway's go with MPH in the 1/8th or1/4 mile to see true power"SEE mY SIG [Big Grin] " .I have beat many 600-700 rwhp car with My car which has never put down MORE than 385rwhp on the dyno but has trapped in the high 120's.

Trapped in the high 120s?? With an AOD?? Shit I need to start hang with you.. lol.. But yeah I understand "you are going to want to upgrade bcuz alum are so much better" Blah blah blah.. I this is my first stang so I want to use trail and error and learn for myself.. And I have a drop top, its NOT going to be a dedicated race car.. Daily driven pavement pounder lol.. And nxt year Im going to buy another fox that im gonna use to take to the strip that I gonna have my uncle build me a 347 stroker and the ill put some AFRs on it just for u guys lol

--------------------
Just bcuz you lived a long life dont mean it cant come to a short end old ass nigga.

Thugnificent

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hilltim54:
quote:
They are a great bang for the buck head. The problem is they have problem's blowing head gasket's when You start throwing even moderate boost at them & 10 pound's equal's plenty of head gasket being blown, yes there will be a fewe xception's to the rule. You are probably going to rationalize that You will be happy with the stock pulley on there but boost is addictive & You will end up pushing the envelope & after a few HG changes You will pony up for some goodt hick deck heads that will hold up.

Trapped in the high 120s?? With an AOD?? Shit I need to start hang with you.. lol.. But yeah I understand "you are going to want to upgrade bcuz alum are so much better" Blah blah blah.. I this is my first stang so I want to use trail and error and learn for myself.. And I have a drop top, its NOT going to be a dedicated race car.. Daily driven pavement pounder lol.. And nxt year Im going to buy another fox that im gonna use to take to the strip that I gonna have my uncle build me a 347 stroker and the ill put some AFRs on it just for u guys lol
Yep 128 and passed smog, 150 plus miles roundtrip to sac raceway & 306 cubes "stock rebuild piston's,block, rod's,and crank,and a non lockup converter. Drove to drag strip dropped tire pressure and ran a string of high 10's & shaun from AED tuned My car and was at sac raceway to witness the run's so no BS with dyno,ET,or trap speed. Main reason I say to use different head with boost is deck thickness and never said they HAVE to be aluminum. If You are going to quote Me please don't change My word's as I was just trying to give You some useful info. To be honest I got this info "gt head's not having enough clamping force at moderate boost level's so reliably plan on 400ish rwhp" from John B long ago & know that He was just trying to give useful info for those who are willing to listen, but if You want to test the theory Yourself then more power to Ya. LMK when Your 347 racecar is done and You can school My AOD 306 street car at the drag strip [patriot] .

--------------------

MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
... get caught up with HP #'s, I alsway's go with MPH in the 1/8th or1/4 mile to see true power"SEE mY SIG [Big Grin] " .I have beat many 600-700 rwhp car with My car which has never put down MORE than 385rwhp on the dyno but has trapped in the high 120's.

Thats only half the equation, You're ignoring the weight of the car and it's effects
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
Originally posted by MauriSSio:
quote:
... get caught up with HP #'s, I alsway's go with MPH in the 1/8th or1/4 mile to see true power"SEE mY SIG [Big Grin] " .I have beat many 600-700 rwhp car with My car which has never put down MORE than 385rwhp on the dyno but has trapped in the high 120's.

Thats only half the equation, You're ignoring the weight of the car and it's effects
OK let Me clarify I have blown the door's off "and out trapped" many car's that were similar weight and aerodynamic's of My car that had 200-300 more rwhp than mine. Not saying that dyno number's are not an indicator of a car's potential but they are often scewed or formatted to indicate higher #'s then are actually there. I alway's see people with 700-800 rwhp car's trapping in the teen's so unless they are in an excursion I am not impressed. I have been around this game long enough to realize that dyno #'s are a biproduct of tuning and a good way to test the effectiveness of aftermarket part's and not much more.

--------------------

MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

OK let Me clarify I have blown the door's off "and out trapped" many car's that were similar weight and aerodynamic's of My car that had 200-300 more rwhp than mine. Not saying that dyno number's are not an indicator of a car's potential but they are often scewed or formatted to indicate higher #'s then are actually there. I alway's see people with 700-800 rwhp car's trapping in the teen's so unless they are in an excursion I am not impressed. I have been around this game long enough to realize that dyno #'s are a biproduct of tuning and a good way to test the effectiveness of aftermarket part's and not much more.
you have proof (pics or videos) or links of people actually only trapping in the teens with 700-800rwhp???? or videos of a 385rwhp car outtrapping an 800rwhp car at the same race weight? dyno numbers are certainly not the end-all when it comes to comparing performance (there are variables at the track as well though!!) but it seems youre not giving them enough credit. your post sounds like theres some conspiracy out there with dyno operators just cranking a dial up and giving everybody 800rwhp just for fun. I do agree with you that there are people who "claim the power but cant mile per hour" but those are usually people that pull numbers out of their ass,wont find them at the track, and make their guesses in flywheel/and crank HP and are pretty clueless overall. usually not the kind of people that drive around in 800rwhp cars.

[ April 07, 2011, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: MauriSSio ]

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cali95gt:
quote:
Originally posted by Notch1320:
quote:
quote:
Lol im in Sac... But I dnt really mind the extra weight.. On jack stands huh?? We will have to see about that..

Stock mustang parts do not= fast.
That's why most of us get rid of most of them.

Define fast.... Stock stuff can do quite well if you know what you are doing.
Ok well when compared to other street cars it's not fast... Most of us here live on the streets not the track... Ou don't catch fast mustangs in the streets with stock parts...
Please stop talking, we'd all appreciate it

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91Trunkster:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Notch1320:
quote:
quote:
Lol im in Sac... But I dnt really mind the extra weight.. On jack stands huh?? We will have to see about that..

Stock mustang parts do not= fast.
That's why most of us get rid of most of them.

Define fast.... Stock stuff can do quite well if you know what you are doing.
Ok well when compared to other street cars it's not fast... Most of us here live on the streets not the track... Ou don't catch fast mustangs in the streets with stock parts...
Please stop talking, we'd all appreciate it
OLE FA SAI WA

[ April 08, 2011, 04:31 AM: Message edited by: 2TONE ]

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

you have proof (pics or videos) or links of people actually only trapping in the teens with 700-800rwhp???? or videos of a 385rwhp car outtrapping an 800rwhp car at the same race weight? dyno numbers are certainly not the end-all when it comes to comparing performance (there are variables at the track as well though!!) but it seems youre not giving them enough credit. your post sounds like theres some conspiracy out there with dyno operators just cranking a dial up and giving everybody 800rwhp just for fun. I do agree with you that there are people who "claim the power but cant mile per hour" but those are usually people that pull numbers out of their ass,wont find them at the track, and make their guesses in flywheel/and crank HP and are pretty clueless overall. usually not the kind of people that drive around in 800rwhp cars.
I am not saying that there is a conspiracy theory but You don't think that some dyno #'s are scewed either by operator error or a shop trying to validate the thousand's of dollar's in part's that You just paid them to install on Your car? My car may be an extreme example because I have a non lockup converter which another vriable that can throw off a dyno. How many times have You honestly been to the drag strip racing Your car? I have been plenty and have seen endless car's run below their potential and some run beyond their potential. Off the top of My head I remember Rick's nitrous assisted 2004 cobra that was getting runall night long by a iron gt 40 headed NA fox all night long till Rick shattered his IRS, and yes Rick was trapping like 115-116. Bottom line is that thing's are different AT THE STRIP than in MM&FF.

--------------------

MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

So wheres the proof?? 800rwhp cars trapping in the teens at the same weight getting smoked by a 385rwhp car??? One 04 cobra trapping 116with nitrous is horrible but Thats an incredibly vague story im
theres much more to the story than that becUse we all know those results are far from typical. Also I never said dynos cant be screwed with, there will be variables as well just like the track.youre assuming someone who spends money on mods will automatically run their car below its potential and if the OP gets gt40 heads, he'll some how be able to drive his car to its potential and beat faster cars

[ April 12, 2011, 12:55 AM: Message edited by: MauriSSio ]

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
So wheres the proof?? 800rwhp cars trapping in the teens at the same weight getting smoked by a 385rwhp car??? One 04 cobra trapping 116with nitrous is horrible but Thats an incredibly vague story im
theres much more to the story than that becUse we all know those results are far from typical. Also I never said dynos cant be screwed with, there will be variables as well just like the track.youre assuming someone who spends money on mods will automatically run their car below its potential and if the OP gets gt40 heads, he'll some how be able to drive his car to its potential and beat faster cars

775 rwhp was a former member here, and I never said His or any other high HP car's that have low trap speed's are "typical" but happen more than You care to believe. Don't need any video's to back My story because both people are still member's here and would speak up if I was lying forsome reason. Yes My 385 rwhp car pounded this car at the strip. No I never said someone who spends money on their car will run below their potential. Also Never said if the OP get's gt40 head's will be able to drive it to it's full potential and beat faster car's because it does'nt make any sense. Where are You coming up with this stuff [Confused] ?

--------------------

MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

quote:
quote:

775 rwhp was a former member here, and I never said His or any other high HP car's that have low trap speed's are "typical" but happen more than You care to believe. Don't need any video's to back My story because both people are still member's here and would speak up if I was lying forsome reason. Yes My 385 rwhp car pounded this car at the strip. No I never said someone who spends money on their car will run below their potential. Also Never said if the OP get's gt40 head's will be able to drive it to it's full potential and beat faster car's because it does'nt make any sense. Where are You coming up with this stuff [Confused] ?
so what exactly are you getting at???? a 775rwhp @ 3500lbs will beat a 385rwhp car @ 3500lbs every single time if both cars are driven to their potential.
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
quote:
quote:

so what exactly are you getting at???? a 775rwhp @ 3500lbs will beat a 385rwhp car @ 3500lbs every single time if both cars are driven to their potential.
I am telling You that a 775rwhp consistantly trapped in the teen's in response to You saying put up some proof. My car "385rwhp" had the "775 rwhp" car covered by 1.5 second's & 10 mph. But I am done with this coversation with Ya [Wink]

--------------------

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i hear you can buy gt40s with food stamps now days

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I am telling You that a 775rwhp consistantly trapped in the teen's in response to You saying put up some proof. My car "385rwhp" had the "775 rwhp" car covered by 1.5 second's & 10 mph. But I am done with this coversation with Ya [Wink]
and that owner of the 775RWHP would either be lying or can't drive his car for dogshit....

[ April 13, 2011, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: C6Z06s_own_50Deep ]

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

quote:
Originally posted by LUCKY 187:
i hear you can buy gt40s with food stamps now days

LOL or a good zeejay!!!
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
Originally posted by C6Z06s_own_50Deep:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
theres much more to the story than that becUse we all know those results are far from typical. Also I never said dyn os cant be screwed with, there will be variables as well just like the track.youre assuming someone who spends money on mods will automatically run their car below its potential and if the OP gets gt40 heads, he'll some how be able to drive his car to its potential and beat faster cars

and that owner of the 775RWHP would either be lying or can't drive his car for dogshit....
I am not making excuses for anyone. Just sayin big dyno #'s don't akway's mean Good #'s at the strip. Pretty simple concept You would think??

--------------------

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by C6Z06s_own_50Deep:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
theres much more to the story than that becUse we all know those results are far from typical. Also I never said dyn os cant be screwed with, there will be variables as well just like the track.youre assuming someone who spends money on mods will automatically run their car below its potential and if the OP gets gt40 heads, he'll some how be able to drive his car to its potential and beat faster cars

I am not making excuses for anyone. Just sayin big dyno #'s don't akway's mean Good #'s at the strip. Pretty simple concept You would think??
Well since SmokinLX is well known and his car runs hard and he runs his car and not his mouth I think he deserves a lil credit here.

I had written a big long response, but not worth the time.

How about this?

You race smokinLX at the track in his 385RWHP car and you in your 512RWHP big inch 533 cube BBF galaxie.

Winner gets to say, I told ya so!

I mean your theory is that his car with 385RWHP cant possibly be faster than any car, driven well or to its potential, with more than 385rwhp.....from what I read...

Or maybe you are ready to admit that a purpose built 1/4 mile vehicle will usually kill et and trap speed a NON purpose built 1/4 mile vehicle regardless of rwhp?

I mean, we see you are on the dyno...but at the track? That is what SmokinLX is gettin at...

Dan

[ April 13, 2011, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: turbo50 ]

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
And folks have gone fast with GT40s. Into the 9s. They have also made MORE than 420rwhp through stock intakes..so what?

The stock block is the weakest link in 8.2 inch applications outside of BOSS 4 bolt motors....

--------------------

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol, and there u go folks!
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

quote:
...How about this?

You race smokinLX at the track in his 385RWHP car and you in your 512RWHP big inch 533 cube BBF galaxie.

I mean your theory is that his car with 385RWHP cant possibly be faster than any car, driven well or to its potential, with more than 385rwhp.....from what I read...

Or maybe you are ready to admit that a purpose built 1/4 mile vehicle will usually kill et and trap speed a NON purpose built 1/4 mile vehicle regardless of rwhp?

I mean, we see you are on the dyno...but at the track? That is what SmokinLX is gettin at...

Dan [/QB]

sure id be down to race as soon as i can get my car done later this year if im lucky AND if he can somehow get his car to 4300lbs. w driver.sure.

youre really twisting this argument and words. Using your same argument, i can just look for someone on the net who has a faster car and if i can get him to agree with me, that means the guy with the faster car is correct, cuz you know, faster car must = always correct [Roll Eyes]

and i never said a purpose built car with the right chassis cant be quicker. If the car cant put the power to the ground then it cant put it to the ground. But if the 800rwhp car had the right set up it would be no contest, at all. But the only variable we were really discussing here is HP.

[ April 13, 2011, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: MauriSSio ]

84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84SVOrick  Ford pictures for 84SVOrick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why Are people treatin gt40s like lits a bad step child, for the money its a good investment for NON track cars who want a lil more speed for less green. Actin like yall too good for gt40s, like u mutha fuckas got farrari money, all i kno is i got FORD money like the rest of yall lmao

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10
1984 SVO 302 HCI a basic bitch
1986 GT FOXY302 stolen and totaled R.I.P.

Posts: 1928 | From: Vallejo CA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
quote:
...How about this?

Dan

sure id be down to race as soon as i can get my car done later this year if im lucky AND if he can somehow get his car to 4300lbs. w driver.sure.

youre really twisting this argument and words. Using your same argument, i can just look for someone on the net who has a faster car and if i can get him to agree with me, that means the guy with the faster car is correct, cuz you know, faster car must = always correct [Roll Eyes]

and i never said a purpose built car with the right chassis cant be quicker. If the car cant put the power to the ground then it cant put it to the ground. But if the 800rwhp car had the right set up it would be no contest, at all. But the only variable we were really discussing here is HP. [/QB]

WTF? Then why the reasoning for attacking him when he said he beat cars with more rwhp?? Silly.....

Anyway....I happen to like galaxies and ltds and big block fords. When I was growing up my father had a 428 in his 67 ltd. It was in full street trim on street tires and widdled it down to 13.6s at 110. Very good for mid to late 80s times.

I assume you have a 385 series big block build. They can make insane power as Kaase does.

Good luck either way.

--------------------

hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hilltim54  Ford pictures for hilltim54    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 84SVOrick:
Why Are people treatin gt40s like lits a bad step child, for the money its a good investment for NON track cars who want a lil more speed for less green. Actin like yall too good for gt40s, like u mutha fuckas got farrari money, all i kno is i got FORD money like the rest of yall lmao

Totally agreed!! I damn sure aint got no ferrari money.. Imma bolt some on my ride and I dnt wanna hear u guys wit aluminum head bad mouthn my Gt40s .. Hahahahaha [burnout]
Just meet me at the track lol [patriot]

--------------------
Just bcuz you lived a long life dont mean it cant come to a short end old ass nigga.

Thugnificent

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com