Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Power Guesstimate? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Power Guesstimate?
MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by copcar:......As to the comment on the longevity of this combination, anyone willing to run short pushrods and no exhaust , stock injectors and maf - regardless of intent to buy upgraded components - and declare its purpose as a competition appliance is asking for catastrophic valve train failure and or a blown headgasket ...
read what you posted. You see that part where you say "no exhaust"....thats what i was talking about. you said it, not me.

[ January 13, 2011, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: MauriSSio ]

copcar
¯
Member # 10113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for copcar  Ford pictures for copcar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MauriSSio:
quote:
Originally posted by copcar:......As to the comment on the longevity of this combination, anyone willing to run short pushrods and no exhaust , stock injectors and maf - regardless of intent to buy upgraded components - and declare its purpose as a competition appliance is asking for catastrophic valve train failure and or a blown headgasket ...
read what you posted. You see that part where you say "no exhaust"....thats what i was talking about. you said it, not me.
Allow me to explain general punctuation and conversational grammar.

First of all my statement is of a "cause and effect" nature.

(1) Here I am interjecting my subjects, not tied together but as an either/or setup to following points of conversation. You will notice a comma after the two subjects. This seperates the subjects and does not combine the two, rather pairs them as points of conversation.

"anyone willing to run short pushrods and no exhaust,"

(2) Next you will find a hyphenated statement (preceded by the afformentioned break in thought).

"stock injectors and maf - regardless of intent to buy upgraded components -"

The use of a hyphen implies another break in conversation and is used to emphasize the intent.

Finally I give the effect of the chosen plan of build based on the combination as a whole.

"and declare its purpose as a competition appliance is asking for catastrophic valve train failure and or a blown headgasket."

Does that clear anything up for you? Further, do you seriously think ANYBODY else who read my post would make the mistake of thinking long tube headers BEND pushrods?

--------------------
12.37@ 109.34.NA 894DA Old Nitto 555 DR's Gt40 irons. B cam/1.7's, All emissions equipment on the car, stock air box. UPR catted X pipe.

dpracingdan
¯
Member # 5778

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dpracingdan  Ford pictures for dpracingdan    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow- this post took a serious turn for the worse- I had no idea aksing some folks what hp they thought I'd make would create such a shyt storm. I've been to the dyno plenty guys- PLENTY. Just havent had the time to with this car YET. Of course I intend to have it tuned- put some bigger injectors, yada yada yada.
But operating/maintaining/owning/driving/financing two race cars that compete not only nationally but also globally is a daunting task to say the least.
All I was hoping to do is see if anybody had similar setups and any results. Glad I gave so many haters a chance to show how smart they are.

MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by copcar:
quote:
Originally posted by MauriSSio:
quote:
Allow me to explain general punctuation and conversational grammar.

First of all my statement is of a "cause and effect" nature.

(1) Here I am interjecting my subjects, not tied together but as an either/or setup to following points of conversation. You will notice a comma after the two subjects. This seperates the subjects and does not combine the two, rather pairs them as points of conversation.

"anyone willing to run short pushrods and no exhaust,"

(2) Next you will find a hyphenated statement (preceded by the afformentioned break in thought).

"stock injectors and maf - regardless of intent to buy upgraded components -"

The use of a hyphen implies another break in conversation and is used to emphasize the intent.

Finally I give the effect of the chosen plan of build based on the combination as a whole.

"and declare its purpose as a competition appliance is asking for catastrophic valve train failure and or a blown headgasket."

Does that clear anything up for you? Further, do you seriously think ANYBODY else who read my post would make the mistake of thinking long tube headers BEND pushrods?

so what was the point of you even posting "and no exhaust"??? were you just going for effect and flamboyancy? What is the "no exhaust" causing or effecting??? If nothing, then why throw it in there with everything THAT IS causing and effecting?

[ January 14, 2011, 09:49 AM: Message edited by: MauriSSio ]

copcar
¯
Member # 10113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for copcar  Ford pictures for copcar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It (no exhaust) is a simple link in a chain of poor performance choices on a computer controlled engine combination. The entire post is based on the reader's understanding on how that system and its corresponding team of sensors and meters work synergistically. This understanding, combined with the common knowledge of the ramifications of poor valvetrain geometry and inadequate fuel mass planning for the engine combination stated gave rise to that post. If you would like for me to explain further feel free to pm me.

--------------------
12.37@ 109.34.NA 894DA Old Nitto 555 DR's Gt40 irons. B cam/1.7's, All emissions equipment on the car, stock air box. UPR catted X pipe.

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i took copcars advice..and my car runs great [patriot]

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
copcar
¯
Member # 10113

quote:
Originally posted by 707notchback jaejae:
i took copcars advice..and my car runs great [patriot]

Very happy to have helped! [patriot]

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com