Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » reachin 300+rwhp w/ gt40 setup (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: reachin 300+rwhp w/ gt40 setup
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry to butt in but they didn't make the FLOPTOP sn-95 in 86,and I believe that dude has a terminator now,from what I read...aluminums for the win!

[ December 05, 2010, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: 2TONE ]

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They are a decent head for a budget build, hense my use of them. I went with the P version, as they can be had for nearly nothing. Coupled with a set of long tubes, you'll have no worries with the plug issue. Remember that ANYONE can cut a cylinder head...make sure they know what they are doing.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
707clone
¯
Member # 10342

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 707clone  Ford pictures for 707clone  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got my whole gt40 setup 4 280 h/i!! now just waiting 2 throw these in the shop!!does that sound good 4 a gt40 setup?

--------------------
Maybe I should get drunk off my HATERADE elsewhere?

I was slow to take the hint, so I'm taking a break from CAFords for the rest of the month. Now excuse me while I enjoy some cereal. Mmmmm Mmmmm good. Who else wants to join me?

Lil Ric!
R.I.P CHARLIE HUSTLE!

91gt p heads,b cam,3:55s,exhaust
89 coupe just startin on him

Posts: 2614 | From: v a dubble | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 707notchback jaejae:
exhaust porting and bowl work is what really wakes these heads up..if your running a cobra/explorer or whatever intake make sure its fully ported..dnt expect to see 300+ with accesories to..i deleted the smog pump,ac and clutch fan...depending on how to the port work was done then its not impossible..but like most said not very cost efficient when machine and port work comes into play if your paying for it..but i didnt [Wink] [dance]

and you don't make 300RW either....

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by C6Z06s_own_50Deep:
quote:
exhaust porting and bowl work is what really wakes these heads up..if your running a cobra/explorer or whatever intake make sure its fully ported..dnt expect to see 300+ with accesories to..i deleted the smog pump,ac and clutch fan...depending on how to the port work was done then its not impossible..but like most said not very cost efficient when machine and port work comes into play if your paying for it..but i didnt [Wink] [dance]

lol! JaeJae, we need to see some dyno/track numbers to validate some of your fantastical kill stories you post around here. [Big Grin]

What's your final combo anyway? Sounds like you got a strong 275rwhp car on your hands. Nicely done! [patriot]

[ December 06, 2010, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I made 320rwhp..edlebrock heads and off the shelf cam..and one of my good friends on here made almost 350 with a trickflow setup..I'm sure he will chime in soon..oh yea we both also have dyno sheets and track slips on street tires..ya dig

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2TONE:
I made 320rwhp..edlebrock heads and off the shelf cam..and one of my good friends on here made almost 350 with a trickflow setup..I'm sure he will chime in soon..oh yea we both also have dyno sheets and track slips on street tires..ya dig

cool, what were the SAE numbers?
Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
707clone
¯
Member # 10342

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 707clone  Ford pictures for 707clone  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fo reel jae wats up wit a dyno run 2 c those #s?
im still waitin to hear some more combo possibilitys or pointers at what i need to look at cam wise!!

--------------------

I was slow to take the hint, so I'm taking a break from CAFords for the rest of the month. Now excuse me while I enjoy some cereal. Mmmmm Mmmmm good. Who else wants to join me?

Lil Ric!
R.I.P CHARLIE HUSTLE!

MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:

cool, what were the SAE numbers?
I think I chuckle every time I read one of your posts.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

your prolly right [Razz]

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:
quote:

lol! JaeJae, we need to see some dyno/track numbers to validate some of your fantastical kill stories you post around here. [Big Grin]

What's your final combo anyway? Sounds like you got a strong 275rwhp car on your hands. Nicely done! [patriot]

lol who knows man..money is tight gc services will be gettin my money that was goin toward some sort of boost tomorrow..time will tell..but yea 270-290rwhp it in the picture.. [Wink] [Whoo Whooooo!] [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
mikeceli
¯
Member # 8389

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mikeceli  Ford pictures for mikeceli    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Have you guys passed a Smog test yet? I want more torque in my 88 Mark VII LSC, but MUST pass smog, every other year.

--------------------
God Bless America!

88 Mark VII LSC/00 Excursion Diesel/94 Thunderbird SC/01 Corvette/79 "Bandit" Trans Am/83 Cordoba

Posts: 33 | From: N. California, Sonoma County | Registered: May 2008  |  :
707clone
¯
Member # 10342

deal with it bruh!!we have 2..its 1 of the cons most of us run in2 fuckin wit this era of cars!!get u a old school n u dnt have 2 worry bout that type of shit!

--------------------

Lil Ric!
R.I.P CHARLIE HUSTLE!

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com