Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » HP estimate what you think (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: HP estimate what you think
Ryan_LX
¯
Member # 7089

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan_LX  Ford pictures for Ryan_LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^now thats a budjet racer there no dought about it. Makes me wounder about getting a short block from LRS

--------------------
Jesus is king!

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan.:
^^^now thats a budjet racer there no dought about it. Makes me wounder about getting a short block from LRS

Don't get Me wrong I have a pretty stout drivetrain "built AOD with lentech manual valvebody & edge racing converter, detrot locker rear end with 31 spline axel's, 3 angle valve job on the AFR's with titanium keeper's... well You get the idea & the point is You have to cover Your bases if You want to run a 15-20 year old car at 3 times the HP but not all of Us have the money to build everthing bullet proof when We purchase the vehicle so You cut corner's where You can or have to. I have had this car since 1994 so I have had alot of year's to build it up slowly. I am embaressed to admit I stll have the stock brakes on it [Embarrassed] but like most of Us it is a work in progress and everything will be addressed as money permit's. There will be up's and down's when You start pushing the limits but I learned early on that a daily driver takes alot of stress off of most situation's "having a garage to park & work on Your car in does'nt hurt either" as I have been through 3 engines and 4 tranny's over the last 17 year's and all the little annoying problem's of having almost all aftermarket part's under the hood:D . Enough of Me rambling just put Your's together and drive resposibly and it will treat You rite. Also don't be afraid to shop around and take advantage of other's who have thrown in the towel on their project's to save Yourself a few buck's "before I bought this $500 engine I purchased one from a well know COMPANY and the damn thing did'nt last but 8,000 miles and most of em were before the supercharger" [Mad] .

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

Ryan_LX
¯
Member # 7089

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan_LX  Ford pictures for Ryan_LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I get what your sayin, I'll probly end up just doing a quick rebuild of the bottom end to freshin it up, a better cam and call it a day. Because like you said we cant all build a bullet proof tank. Descent parts can go a long way, I can probly get away with spending around 500-700 bucks on the bottom end and have a nasty little setup [Big Grin]

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com