Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » sn95 booster/master cylinder on a fox

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: sn95 booster/master cylinder on a fox
gercolla1
¯
Member # 3068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gercolla1  Ford pictures for gercolla1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is it ok to run the sn95 booster/master cylinder on a 88 5.0 with all stock brakes

--------------------
Sf Bay Area

Posts: 2171 | From: Sampan San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
why would you do that for? if it was converted to 5-lugs THEN convert back to the fox POS brakes, you should be ok. the pedals might just be hard.
gercolla1
¯
Member # 3068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gercolla1  Ford pictures for gercolla1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my car needs a booster and i have a sn95 from another so i thought i would be ok to use it. so how would it be i never ran it this way i do know it wil bolt up

--------------------
Sf Bay Area

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the booster doesn't just bolt right up. very tight fit , but with a lil ovaling of the mounting holes and carefulness and maybe some slight massaging of the shock tower it will fit. so now you got the 4 wheel disc master on a stock mustang i assume? the brakes would be very touchy! like almost dangerously touchy skidding without much effort. and now the master,,,, its a 2 line, and your stock is a 3 line, so some more modding will have to occur. but here lies the real problem your rear drum brakes only require about half the pressure disc brakes will need. your back brakes will be skidding before your front wheels ,, a true Frankenstein brake system that would be very mismatched , which would and could result in a wreck. i would upgrade to the 4 wheel disc and have some MUCH BETTER BRAKES!!! OTHER WISE LEAVE IT ALONE. but a good thought other wise to use what u got laying around, but just keep adding to the pile till you get it all collected for a good matched system.
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Duncan Motors:
the booster doesn't just bolt right up. very tight fit , but with a lil ovaling of the mounting holes and carefulness and maybe some slight massaging of the shock tower it will fit.

Major understatement. The strut towers are completely different than 1990-later models. Unless you REALLY open the holes up, it's a total PITA to get in there.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
gercolla1
¯
Member # 3068

good info yall thanks alot for the insight il jus wait to the time is right for the sn95 stuff also il jus warranty out my existing booster [patriot]

--------------------
Sf Bay Area

stanks347
Member # 9960

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanks347  Ford pictures for stanks347    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just did a 5 lug conv. I cut part of the shock tower out to get it in. I did not feel like ripping the Holley upper off. but I agree with everyone in that don't put a sn95 booster on a stock brake set-up

--------------------
306ci
V1 SC 9psi
gt40 heads
holley intake 75mm tb
msd btm
tko 600

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There is no need for it with stock brakes.

If you do go through with it, get the 93 cobra so the studs are in the stock 87-93 location.

If you do the 94-04 booster, you will need to elongate holes.

Prepare for a very soft pedal if you have the 87-93 brakes.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
There is no need for it with stock brakes.

If you do go through with it, get the 93 cobra so the studs are in the stock 87-93 location.

If you do the 94-04 booster, you will need to elongate holes.

Prepare for a very soft pedal if you have the 87-93 brakes.

HOW DO YOU PUT AN V8 99 TO 2004 POWER BOOSTER IN TO A FOXBODY
Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sydewayz_Stan  Ford pictures for Sydewayz_Stan  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
list of things you would have to do to make this work:
1)elongate the holes and beat on the strut tower to make the booster fit
2)adapt the stock brake lines going from the m/c to the p/v
3)delete the stock p/v (frpp kit)
4)install adjustable p/v
5)bleed brakes and go somewhere with no traffic and test brakes adjust the p/v until rear brakes lock up after the fronts.

*even with all that you may have a very hard pedal since youre going from 13/16 to 1 1/16 m/c on stock fox calipers*

[ August 13, 2010, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: ajs91CHPcoupe ]

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2004 GT, vortech V2 si, 10 psi-
-2002 F150 supercrew-

Posts: 3432 | From: 707 vallejo/richmond 510 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
all you need to know about MC upgrades

http://home.comcast.net/~mjbobbitt/mustang/page11.html

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com