Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Need some help with a V-1 Setup

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Need some help with a V-1 Setup
9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasnake9  Ford pictures for 9cobrasnake9  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a vortech V-1 with an aftercooler on a 96 cobra. The vortech went on..we got it tuned..Everything went well. When we tuned it my engine was pulling 20 hg in vacumn and 11 psi on boost. Well I drove it for a day and it ran great..Then my check engine light went on...It flashed p0402..Excessive egr. I hooked up my boost gauge today and am only pulling 10 hg at idle and 7psi at full boost... Anyone have any ideas as to what the hell is going on..This is just a pic of my boost gauge hookup. Is it hooked up right? Or are the two prblems linked?

-

[ August 10, 2010, 12:35 AM: Message edited by: 9cobrasnake9 ]

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You have a vac leak somewhere. Check all your connectors and lines. Re-torque all manifold bolts.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that looks like a cluster fuck of hoses. but yeah theres a vac leak somewhere.
CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ditto...

I am guessing the hose directly off of the valve is leaking..seen it lots of time before...especially with that octopus you have on there:)

[ August 10, 2010, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: CobramanPhil ]

Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasnake9  Ford pictures for 9cobrasnake9  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
KK i found a hose on my intake tube pre supercharger that was not on all the way..It was def my leak..I drove it for abour 50 miles today and no check engine light..The weird thing is the boost gauge is still reading the same numbers..Now I am super confused

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

And i will throw a hose clamp on the hose coming from the mass of vacumn..see if that helps

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is that glue next to that red line? Where are your hose clamps??? Get yourself a hand vacuum pump and start isolating those lines.

[ August 11, 2010, 02:40 AM: Message edited by: Secnd2nun64 ]

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobrasnake9:
KK i found a hose on my intake tube pre supercharger that was not on all the way..It was def my leak..I drove it for abour 50 miles today and no check engine light..The weird thing is the boost gauge is still reading the same numbers..Now I am super confused

You may have a leak somewhere else that you have not caught.
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

Looks like my faring in the back of the gauge was cracked..causing air to leak out..A stethescope helped me track down the problem..Thanks for the help!

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com