Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » how much to fix this

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: how much to fix this
gt chris
¯
Member # 9512

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gt chris  Ford pictures for gt chris        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how much to fix a worn valve seal on a 01 ford lightning ?
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
book time to R&R a head ranged from 15-23 hours plus the machine shop cost to repair the "worn valve seal"

IMO I would replace the cylinder head, it's the same as a normal 99-04 "PI" 2v mustang GT cylinder head.

do it yourself, as it's not worth paying a shop to do all that, basically the engine has to come out because the head sits under the cowl of the cab.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
blown95svt
¯
Member # 8893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blown95svt  Ford pictures for blown95svt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
book time to R&R a head ranged from 15-23 hours plus the machine shop cost to repair the "worn valve seal"

IMO I would replace the cylinder head, it's the same as a normal 99-04 "PI" 2v mustang GT cylinder head.

do it yourself, as it's not worth paying a shop to do all that, basically the engine has to come out because the head sits under the cowl of the cab.

I have done heads in the car on a couple Expidition 5.4L don't think it would be that different. Just gotta use something to hold the headbolts up to pull the head. Not all the head bolts pull out due to things in the way. I Just use vacuum line and cut it down the center so it will slip over the bolt and hold it up away from
the block.

--------------------
95 cobra blown 331 gr40 suspension
***NEED QUALITY WORK FOR HALF THE PRICE? I DO SIDE JOBS! PM FOR DETAILS***
www.norcalmotorcompany.com

Posts: 1434 | From: roseville | Registered: Jan 2009  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com