Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » MM road race power steering pump

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: MM road race power steering pump
phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone have experience with this kit? I am sick of a whining, puking stock pump, and everything else from Maximum has been great, so I am considering the upgrade. Input?

BTW, 1k post [Whoo Whooooo!]

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get a bigger cooler , with a in line filter.and flush the system,
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had a cooler, underdrive, amsoil synthetic fluid, extender cap and the stock unit still gave me problems. And then the high pressure line blew on the track, luckily a really good guy gave me his high pressure line off of his car. I was nearly stranded 160 miles from home. That, and ATF all over my engine compartment was enough for me.

The MM piece is a great kit. I have it on my racecar. Steering feel is slightly improved on the base model, you can also order different adapters to make the steering more firm. Reliability is much better. I haven't had any issues in the past two seasons.

phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks, I'll be picking up that kit soon.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com