Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Fuel trim

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Fuel trim
alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alexdel209  Ford pictures for alexdel209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well my fuel trim is steady at pos 16 I just changed my fuel pump and filter cleaned my injectors my fuel pressure is good my Maf is good and my o2 sensors are switching and I have no vacuum leaks
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ect, maf, o2 sensors, air temp senor are the major sensors that control fuel trim. hook a scanner with data stream and go from there, if you already havent. I think you have since you know where your fuel trim is at.

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alexdel209  Ford pictures for alexdel209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah i have a snap on scanner at work but yeah my maf and o2 sensors are good my ect also but my fuel trim is steady at pos 16 i have no vaccuum leaks my only thought is maybe my pupm isnt pumping enough its a stock replacement but all i have is all boltons intake,longtubes,programmer,pullies throttlebody
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
look harder for vacuum leaks, mine was similar to that and I found the EGR gasket was ripped so I could never find it at idle...

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

ok will do but i mean ive gona through a bunch of cans of brake clean looking for it its just getting frustrating you know
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did this just start hapening? try taking out the programmer and put the stock tune back in. as stated before look again for vacuum leaks, exhaust leaks

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

the thing is i also smoke tested it and nothing and i also tried taking off the programmer nothing changed it goes higher at idle then lower when driving so i know there is a problem somewhere
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I could not find my leak until I pulled the egr off the intake when I had given up and was just going to replace all the intake gaskets...

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

well that does make some sense because i did have longtubes put on not too long ago but i had sprayed around the egr and didnt make any change ill look into it tho
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by alexdel209:
well that does make some sense because i did have longtubes put on not too long ago but i had sprayed around the egr and didnt make any change ill look into it tho

how far are the o2 down stream an what postion are the in
alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

well i have longtubes so they are a little farther downstream than normal
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
well i have longtubes so they are a little farther downstream than normal

no shit if there to far downstream or not in the right postion the will give all kinds of problem
an did use os extenders

alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

Yeah I have the extended but they are switching fine I even put in new o2s because I got a slow response code a hole ago I'm thinking some kind of vacuum or exhaust leak but. Smke testedit and dint find any
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

quote:
Yeah I have the extended but they are switching fine I even put in new o2s because I got a slow response code a hole ago I'm thinking some kind of vacuum or exhaust leak but. Smke testedit and dint find any

are use the scanner to get or maf an o2 values
alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

the scanner and a dvom maf is good also 02s are brand new and no manifold vaccum leaks that ive found and i smoke tested and used hella brake cleaner
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

quote:
the scanner and a dvom maf is good also 02s are brand new and no manifold vaccum leaks that ive found and i smoke tested and used hella brake cleaner

what your baro reading
alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

14% load at idle havent looked at baro pressure but will tom also goin to smoke test the exhaust im thinking a upstream exhaust leak
alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

ok here are my readings at idle today when the car was warmed up
long term fuel trim bank 1 pos 24
longterm fuel bank pos 21
pulse width 2,8 both sides
maf 4.22 grams .73 volts
fuell pressure 40 lbs
load 13%
throttle pos volt 1.01

i have checked for vacuum leaks and exhaust leaks my egr workks and is not leaking.changed the fuel pump and filter and the 2 front o2 sensors. and a new iac motor kind of confused

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com