Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Need some Pipe bent on intercooler

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Need some Pipe bent on intercooler
Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anyone do this or could recommend me to someone in the valley area? or could I jus take this sort of thing to any exhaust shop. Im running a new intake manifold, so it sits higher than stock, and the elbow that comes off the throttle body connects to the intercooler piping that now doesnt connect with the other piping..heres a pic to get an idea  -

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Try to loosen all your pipe connections and put some muscle in it when you try to reconnect the parts. You might be able to get it to work. You could also try getting a different rubber coupling that is longer.

An exhaust shop is just going to dent the pipes up.

Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I cant loosen the pipe connections too much more cause they'll probably jus come off under boost. Im going to try putting longer connections on and see if It'll bend a little..The angle is whats not working with me. thanks for the input

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70mach351  Ford pictures for 70mach351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they also have rubber couplings that have a joint in them so they can have movement

--------------------
70 Mach 1 gettin a make over
2001 Ford F250 Crew Cab 7.3

Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

quote:
Originally posted by 70mach351:
they also have rubber couplings that have a joint in them so they can have movement

special place that sells them or any hardware store..Last time I looked at Orchard, they only had plumbing fittings and connectors which are plastic..maybe the guy didnt know where any other connectors were?

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70mach351  Ford pictures for 70mach351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
turbonetics make them. summit sells them. they are called turbo coupleings and made of silicone

--------------------
70 Mach 1 gettin a make over
2001 Ford F250 Crew Cab 7.3

Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

alright cool..thanks! [patriot]

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alexdel209  Ford pictures for alexdel209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeha i was goin to say that the silicone ones you beat me to it but yeah that sux phil almost there tho an d i figured out my problem also gonna be fixed asap waiting for parts
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Nastysvt:
quote:
Originally posted by 70mach351:

special place that sells them or any hardware store..Last time I looked at Orchard, they only had plumbing fittings and connectors which are plastic..maybe the guy didnt know where any other connectors were?
GO TO YOUR LOCAL TRUCK STOP THAT REPAIR BIG RIG AN THEY WILL HAVE THE HOSE YOUR LOOKING FOR

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com