Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Supercharger suggestions?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Supercharger suggestions?
RTR-HED
Member # 10150

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for RTR-HED  Ford pictures for RTR-HED    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm looking to put a Saleen supercharger kit on my 07 GT and I was wondering if anyone had any comments or advice? Is it a good idea or is there anywhere cheaper that does the same work? Any better superchargers for the price? Y'all let me know!Here's the link:

Saleen Supercharger

Thanks,

RotorHead

[ July 16, 2010, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: RTR-HED ]

--------------------
Q:How do you get a Chevy to accelerate 0-60 in under 15 seconds? A: Push it off a cliff.
07 Mustang GT Conv. (Stock)
US Army Veteran

Posts: 6 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
have you gone to the whipple site? If i remember right the whipple supercharger was a little cheaper, when it comes to installing and tuning dont spare the cost!!! If you want someone to talk to call AED and talk to Shaun, he can answer any questions you have and what will be needed to get to the power range you want.

Here is shauns number at AED 916-715-7569

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

RTR-HED
Member # 10150

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RTR-HED  Ford pictures for RTR-HED    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 03SVTPower:
have you gone to the whipple site? If i remember right the whipple supercharger was a little cheaper, when it comes to installing and tuning dont spare the cost!!! If you want someone to talk to call AED and talk to Shaun, he can answer any questions you have and what will be needed to get to the power range you want.

Here is shauns number at AED 916-715-7569

Thanks for the advice. Just so I don't look like a fool when I give this guy a call, what is AED? I'm also waiting to hear back from the sales guy at Whipple to figure out some pricing.

--------------------
Q:How do you get a Chevy to accelerate 0-60 in under 15 seconds? A: Push it off a cliff.
US Army Veteran

70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70mach351  Ford pictures for 70mach351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
shawn should be able to order and install whatever you need.

--------------------
70 Mach 1 gettin a make over
2001 Ford F250 Crew Cab 7.3

RTR-HED
Member # 10150

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RTR-HED  Ford pictures for RTR-HED    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 70mach351:
shawn should be able to order and install whatever you need.

What is AED?

--------------------
US Army Veteran

70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70mach351  Ford pictures for 70mach351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
advanced engine development in camron park. they are a highly recomended shop

--------------------

RTR-HED
Member # 10150

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll keep everyone posted on how things turn out. This is the first time I've actually got into adding any serious power to this car and I've got it in my blood now...

--------------------
US Army Veteran

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
AED is AED and
Advanced Engine Development is Advanced Engine Development

lol

--------------------

70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

my bad thought that was what aed stood for since it says it right below on there site. whoops

--------------------

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

quote:
Originally posted by 70mach351:
my bad thought that was what aed stood for since it says it right below on there site. whoops

Drew is AED
Shaun is Advanced Engine Development [patriot]

--------------------

RTR-HED
Member # 10150

Well, I've heard back from Whipple in Fresno and here's what they had to say. Please feel free to leave me your comments!

Whipple@Fresno: We can do the HO kit on the automatic no problem. It will make about 500 flywheel HP at 10psi on pump gas. The black kit is $6829.99, tax is $612.99 and install is $1200.00. The total out the door price is $8642.98. We would require a minimum of 50% deposit to build the kit and hold the install date. We would need the car for about 2 days to do the install.

--------------------
US Army Veteran

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Consider edelbrock? Looks like a clean setup you can install and tune yourself. Check out the video links.

http://www.spike.com/full-episode/magnaflow-foose/32866

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/superchargers/fuel_injected.shtml

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RTR-HED:
Well, I've heard back from Whipple in Fresno and here's what they had to say. Please feel free to leave me your comments!

Whipple@Fresno: We can do the HO kit on the automatic no problem. It will make about 500 flywheel HP at 10psi on pump gas. The black kit is $6829.99, tax is $612.99 and install is $1200.00. The total out the door price is $8642.98. We would require a minimum of 50% deposit to build the kit and hold the install date. We would need the car for about 2 days to do the install.

Wow. That seems like a ton of cash. What about the Vortech kit? I think it's nearly $2400 cheaper.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
go on corral.net or svtperformance.com, people sell used ones all the time for half the price, for that much, i'd build the motor first

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
RTR-HED
Member # 10150

quote:
Originally posted by Nastysvt:
go on corral.net or svtperformance.com, people sell used ones all the time for half the price, for that much, i'd build the motor first

I'm checking out the websites as we speak. I thought that the Whipple blower would be as much as it was. My biggest hint was when I looked at the website and nothing showed a price. Even with my limited experience I know that if there isn't a price upfront, get ready to bleed. Anyhow, thanks for the help y'all. Good to see some people still give a damn. Maybe we'll be able to wake my Mustang up sometime soon with some big HP numbers...

--------------------
US Army Veteran

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com