Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Vibration issue with Foxbody

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Vibration issue with Foxbody
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whenever I get over 80mph I get alot of vibration from my center console where my shifter is. the faster I go the worse it gets. anyone have any idea what might be causeing this?

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

92_5.0
¯
Member # 7624

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92_5.0  Ford pictures for 92_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
bad U joint, bad tranny mount, loose driveshaft, bad motor mounts, un-balanced driveshaft.

--------------------
Infineon/Sears point? same difference!
11.8 @ 115 mph @ Sac Raceway
411 rwhp 402 trq (old set up)
540 rwhp 517 rwtrq (new set up)
ET's to come

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 92_5.0:
bad U joint, bad tranny mount, loose driveshaft, bad motor mounts, un-balanced driveshaft.

basically I should take it to a shop huh? lol!

--------------------

92_5.0
¯
Member # 7624

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92_5.0  Ford pictures for 92_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you have a floor jack and a set of jack stands and dont mind turnin a wrench, those are all simple things you can do yourself to save you money, but its up to you man lol. Start by checking the driveshaft bolts, if any are loose, put a dab of loctite (every bolt) on the threads before re-installing and you should be good. If its the tranny mount, just un bolt the mount, jack up the tranny and swap in the new one, pretty easy if you have the tools and space to do it all. More than likely the problem is one of the two.

--------------------
Infineon/Sears point? same difference!
11.8 @ 115 mph @ Sac Raceway
411 rwhp 402 trq (old set up)
540 rwhp 517 rwtrq (new set up)
ET's to come

Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 92_5.0:
if you have a floor jack and a set of jack stands and dont mind turnin a wrench, those are all simple things you can do yourself to save you money, but its up to you man lol. Start by checking the driveshaft bolts, if any are loose, put a dab of loctite (every bolt) on the threads before re-installing and you should be good. If its the tranny mount, just un bolt the mount, jack up the tranny and swap in the new one, pretty easy if you have the tools and space to do it all. More than likely the problem is one of the two.

+1

More than likely it's your driveshaft bolts that are loose. Tighten those pups up.

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
Venomousnotch
¯
Member # 8695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomousnotch  Ford pictures for Venomousnotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like the rubber isolator is coming out of the harmonic balancer....LMK [patriot]

--------------------
🏁•2004 MUSTANG SVT COBRA•🏁

"WHEN THE WHINING STARTS,IT MEANS JUSTICE IS ABOUT TO BE SERVED"..

Posts: 7604 | From: *NORTHERN*KILLA4NIA* | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

alright, I'll check the bolts tommorow and post up if they are loose.

--------------------

CobraCoupe
¯
Member # 7233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraCoupe  Ford pictures for CobraCoupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had the same problem in my gt when I first got it, had a vibration at that speed and notice the axle flange was bent on the dyno so I thought that was it changed it, axle bearings and new axles same thing swapped out driveshaft for another same thing, new spicer ujoints in my other driveshaft same thing, ended up getting a FMS aluminum driveshaft and to my surprise vibration gone smooth like butter on the freeway, also on my old coupe had a weird vibration around 2200-2400 rpms in 5th and I put one in and vibration was gone. I would try that

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com