Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » whipple vs vortech question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: whipple vs vortech question
blackfeather
¯
Member # 10109

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfeather  Ford pictures for blackfeather    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i recently picked up an 99 cobra convertible with an 2004 terminator motor with a vortech t trim v2 supercharger. It dynoed at 532 to the rear wheel@10psi. Now my question is I need your guys opinion. Would you stick with the current setup or go with a whipple. I dont see any real power until about 3500 rpm here are the specs:
04 COBRA(terminator motor)
-FMS heads
-4.10 gears
-Vortech supercharger T Trim
-55lb injectors
-power pipe
-aftercooler
-bbk x pipe
-10lbs of boost

sorry to sound like a noob

89Rodknocker
CAFords OG
Member # 2951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89Rodknocker  Ford pictures for 89Rodknocker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd keep the t-trim and pulley it for more boost. That blower is barely even making any steam at 10psi. I as running 18 on mine and could of still went up to 24psi. If you add a cog setup you'll never want that whipple. No belt slip means instant boost.I would also step down the 4:10's unless u have the 6 speed.

--------------------
89 lx (stolen and stripped)
94 gt runner (sold)
89 lx Stock(sold)
86 gt T-trim (sold)
73 Camaro BBC
01 5.0 Explorer limited Borlas (sold)

copcar
¯
Member # 10113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for copcar  Ford pictures for copcar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would agree, provided you at least have air to air intercooler or meth injection. The move to a positive displacement setup will be more expensive and would not yield the same results as upgrading your curret setup.

--------------------
12.37@ 109.34.NA 894DA Old Nitto 555 DR's Gt40 irons. B cam/1.7's, All emissions equipment on the car, stock air box. UPR catted X pipe.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com