Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Can i put a fox body eng+ t5 on a 1965 ?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Can i put a fox body eng+ t5 on a 1965 ?
510SN95
¯
Member # 9406

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510SN95  Ford pictures for 510SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have my pops 1965 pony and have a 5.0+t5 aside i want to knw wat do i need if its possible to put this set up in the? Wats going to b needed and i would like to carb the engine thats my pops choice!!! Any help with the swap thanx appreciate it
Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can do it yes. Im not sure how, im not that mechanically inclined but I know its possible. I took the longblock from a 95 and carbed that. So yup. Good luck.

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

If you can read this, then it's burrito time

Originally posted by 2T0NE
Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Posts: 3768 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
Captain Obvious
¯
Member # 7842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Obvious  Ford pictures for Captain Obvious    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
for the T5 you will need the complete T5, bell included, pedals, correct T5 crossmember and a way to activate the clutch (hydraulic or cable operated). you will need to open up the shifter area up just a little.

--------------------
It's NOT illegal. It's just frowned upon, like masturbating on an airplane.

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You'll need a set of brackets/mounts for the engine and a custom trans crossmember. Tri-Y headers for clearance around the clutch fork. If you're sticking with EFI, either swap an entire harness or use a aftermarket custom swap.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
mustang depot sells the crossmember and bunch of other parts for the swap

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
510SN95
¯
Member # 9406

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510SN95  Ford pictures for 510SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanx alot guys still taking ideas or opinions from others or any already finished projects thanx
Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
stick with efi and listen to john b [Wink]

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
ratfast
¯
Member # 8720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ratfast  Ford pictures for ratfast    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I put a '93 efi engine and T5 in my '65 w/ a carburetor. Very easy swap. I used the cable clutch for convenience. Let me know if you need any specifics.

--------------------
'93 White notch all stock

Posts: 604 | From: roseville, california | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
CAStang
¯
Member # 9568

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CAStang  Ford pictures for CAStang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.mustangandfords.com/howto/16159_engine_aod_transmission_swap/index.html
Posts: 351 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Nov 2009  |  :
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
For the engine, you'll need a front sump oil pan and pickup (a 5.0 out of a fox is a rear sump) and either drill a hole in the timing cover for the dipstick tube or you may need to swap the cover out for one with a fuel pump mount if you plan on running a mechanical fuel pump and carb.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If the car has a v8 in it already a lot of the stuff will transfer over from the old engine but you will need to get a new tranny crossmember and a fulcrom adaptor if you want to use the stock clutch setup with the t5 bellhousing. You'll need a new driveshaft too.

If you have a 6 in there right now, plan on doing front suspension work and changing the read end out.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com