Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Help me diagnose my Drivetrain vibration??? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Help me diagnose my Drivetrain vibration???
SHOalex
¯
Member # 7720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOalex  Ford pictures for SHOalex    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ohh yea dude your cars busted no good man just get rid of it... I can come get it and get rid of it for you man when should I come by?

--------------------
BAM! POW! Right in the kisser.

GTCONV86
¯
Member # 5385

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GTCONV86  Ford pictures for GTCONV86    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dustin, you just had to get some pictures up here.you have an itchy camera finger. hope you find the problem.DID YOU ASK THE GUYS AT AED?
GTCONV86
¯
Member # 5385

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GTCONV86  Ford pictures for GTCONV86    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OH I FORGOT, GREAT PICTURES BY THE WAY!
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dustin, if you go to the corral.net. There is a thread in the general tech and search for drive line vibrations its like 20+ pages. Maybe it will help you.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

AIRFORMANCE MOBILE AUTO A/C 707
¯
Member # 6243

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AIRFORMANCE MOBILE AUTO A/C 707  Ford pictures for AIRFORMANCE MOBILE AUTO A/C 707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i know its not your year but could be related

10708 *
1994-1998 MANUAL TRANSMISSION MUSTANGS THAT EXHIBIT HARD SHIFTING, NOISE OR VIBRATION FROM THE TRANS/CLUTCH AREA AND/OR COMPONENTS, LACK OF PROPER CLUTCH RESERVE, AND OTHER CLUTCH RELATED ISSUES MAY BE THE RESULT OF AN IMPROPERLY INSTALLED CLUTCH RELEASE LEVER. WHILE DIAGNOSING A VEHICLE FOR THE ABOVE DESCRIBED CONDITIONS PLEASE CHECK TO MAKE SURE THE CLUTCH RELEASE LEVER IS PROPERLY SEATED ON THE CLUTCH RELEASE LEVER STUD.
EFFECTIVE DATE: 06/25/1997

--------------------
1993 red cobra
1973 celica chevy 406/t5/narrow 9
1969 camaro
1992 lx hatch

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the info guys.... I will be doing a compression/vac test this weekend, but i am still leaning towards a trans issue...

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mike, 93ReefBlue5.0 helped me out with a vacuum test today, & all is well there. The plugs were gapped wrong, which we fixed, but that didn't solve the problem...

IMO, the car sounds like it has some type of minor misfire, because it just doesn't sound or feel as smooth as it used to, but it isn't throwing any codes at all. If I have a bad coil, would it DEFINITELY throw a code?

I guess the only thing left to do is check the compression & the coils?

--------------------

Chris83179
¯
Member # 6017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris83179  Ford pictures for Chris83179    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Geez, my 4.10s really jacked you up [Smile]

Honestly, i'd start by putting your stock clutch cable and quadrant back in. If it isn't that, it's time to check things from the flywheel and work towards the rear. I don't think it's engine related. Easy for me to say though...

Posts: 558 | From: Bay Area & Sac | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by Chris83179:
Geez, my 4.10s really jacked you up [Smile]

Honestly, i'd start by putting your stock clutch cable and quadrant back in. If it isn't that, it's time to check things from the flywheel and work towards the rear. I don't think it's engine related. Easy for me to say though...

The car has a stock cable, but an aftermarket quadrant & firewall adj. I no longer have the stock quadrant parts...

I'm beginning to think that the poly mounts might be to blame.

--------------------

bigjerry
¯
Member # 6033

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigjerry  Ford pictures for bigjerry  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sell it put the money into the notch

--------------------
89 GT vert in progress ....

Posts: 433 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by bigjerry:
Sell it put the money into the notch

LOL... Their is no "money" back to put into the notch if the car got sold, it all goes to the bank unfortunately...

On top of that, I don't think I could ever have a fox as my only stang though because I can't drive it anywhere without worrying about some low life thieves steeling my sh#t... I can take the Mach to the mall or the movies without worrying about my car not being there when I come back.

[ February 08, 2010, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------

street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
use an multimeter to check the resistance on your coils.
you should get the same figures.

[ February 09, 2010, 12:07 AM: Message edited by: street_illegal_stang ]

Posts: 1276 | From: Long Beach C.A | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
YOU COULD COME UP WITH A MILLLION IDEAS UNTIL YOU ACTUALLY START TOUCHIN YOUR VEHICAL YOULL NOT FIND OUT SHIT, I STILL STAND ON ORI POST IN THE BEGINNING. BUT YOUR RIGHT THESE NWER POLY MOUNTS ARE SO STIFF THEY MIGHT AS WELL BE SOLIDS,sorry bout the caps lock, but i dont think so.
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by Duncan Motors:
YOU COULD COME UP WITH A MILLLION IDEAS UNTIL YOU ACTUALLY START TOUCHIN YOUR VEHICAL YOULL NOT FIND OUT SHIT, I STILL STAND ON ORI POST IN THE BEGINNING. BUT YOUR RIGHT THESE NWER POLY MOUNTS ARE SO STIFF THEY MIGHT AS WELL BE SOLIDS,sorry bout the caps lock, but i dont think so.

We already tested for vacuum leaks, checked out the balancer, plugs, motor/trans mounts, checked out the resistance on the coils, all seem to be good... I think its just the mounts???

Only thing that hasn't been checked is the compression or fuel pressure...

--------------------

Chris83179
¯
Member # 6017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris83179  Ford pictures for Chris83179    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I remember when I drove it, you could feel that vibration heavily through the shifter, clutch engaged and disengaged. Don't think you're issue is up front...
Posts: 558 | From: Bay Area & Sac | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
I remember when I drove it, you could feel that vibration heavily through the shifter, clutch engaged and disengaged. Don't think you're issue is up front...

Poly trans mount then??? But I can see the motor shake more than it did before, & I can feel the vibration everywhere, the dash, floor pan, gas pedal, shifter, U name it...

--------------------

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
quote:

Poly trans mount then??? But I can see the motor shake more than it did before, & I can feel the vibration everywhere, the dash, floor pan, gas pedal, shifter, U name it...
Mounts should not be too bad. Just check for any cracks or what not.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

BruhBrahBrad
¯
Member # 9497

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruhBrahBrad  Ford pictures for BruhBrahBrad  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Think it could be a bearing in the trans/clutch area?
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by adower:
quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
quote:

Mounts should not be too bad. Just check for any cracks or what not.
Check the pics on pg 1, no cracks in the mounts at all...

[ February 12, 2010, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by Mach 5oh:
Think it could be a bearing in the trans/clutch area?

Would a bad bearing cause that?

--------------------

RAIDERGT
¯
Member # 6978

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RAIDERGT  Ford pictures for RAIDERGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had a similar problem when one of my coils went bad, no codes just a lot of vibration and it got worst when on the gas. Put in new coils last week and all has been well
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by RAIDERGT:
I had a similar problem when one of my coils went bad, no codes just a lot of vibration and it got worst when on the gas. Put in new coils last week and all has been well

Really? No codes either?

--------------------

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sell it and buy an 04 cobra.

Problem solved.... but you will have issues with blower whine [Wink]

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like you are making good progress Dustin...

Keep chipping away at the causes and hopefully you will find the culprit soon.

I would do temporarily DL the stock tune and do a compression test.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
¯
Member # 7045

Icon 1 posted January 23, 2010 10:59 AM Profile for Duncan Motors Ford pictures for Duncan Motors Email Duncan Motors Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote i hate to say it, but could be input shaft bearing in the trans.

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com