Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Break conversion opinions needed

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Break conversion opinions needed
Blubyu87gt
¯
Member # 9427

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Blubyu87gt  Ford pictures for Blubyu87gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I want to do the conversion to disks in the rear soon and need some input.
Should I go with the LRS rear 4 lug conversion kit (about seven hundred) and keep it 4 lug. This seems like a good idea because its cheaper and does what I need and the wheels I want come in 4lug... Also I can just keep the Pony rims on till summer comes along and all so the cost can be spread out...
Or..... Drop the 1300 and just do a 5 lug conversion.. Get the same wheels but have to drop the money for them at the same time...
Not really interested in doing the whole junk yard treasure hunt for parts so just throwing that out there to keep that Recommendation to a minimum..

--------------------
Make something idiot proof and you only find a new class of idiot!

Posts: 98 | From: Charleston, SC | Registered: Aug 2009  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I put 4 lug rear disc brakes with 3.55 gears on the rear of my `91 convertible with a complete $90 junkyard rearend...new pads for $40 and turned the rotors for $20, 94 mustang master cylinder for $90 new from napa, maximum motorsports 3-2 disc brake line conversion kit for $35 and done.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
CHP2981
¯
Member # 9240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CHP2981  Ford pictures for CHP2981    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow you got alot of ideas going on i just answered you 1220 question. But anyway i did the 4 lug disc thing not to long ago. I bought the Cobra 4 lug rotors and calipers from Kragen and the North racecar brackets and E brake cables from Northracecar. I was out a little more than 500 then i had Jon, at Duncan Motorsports do the install for a couple more, i don't like to mess with brakes as i live on a hill and i learned my lesson with my 64 rollin down the driveway luckily i had big rubber blocks in place. I can add the proportioning valve and the 3 to 2 block also the Cobra master and booster later but i hear the booster is a bitch to put in. Hope i helped.

[ January 22, 2010, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: CHP2981 ]

--------------------
No half steppin

Blubyu87gt
¯
Member # 9427

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blubyu87gt  Ford pictures for Blubyu87gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Haha yeah I am on orders for the Army right now and my Civilian job pays me full wage while on said orders so I am double dipping. With that said I have some extra cash to put into the GT and those are the two major things that are next on the list.

That and the fact I have today off.. Its raining hard as hell where I am and my car won't be here till tomorrow so I was bored as hell!

Posts: 98 | From: Charleston, SC | Registered: Aug 2009  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com