Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Paxton Novi 1220SL or Vortech V3 Si trim

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Paxton Novi 1220SL or Vortech V3 Si trim
Blubyu87gt
¯
Member # 9427

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blubyu87gt  Ford pictures for Blubyu87gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looking at both systems and the Paxton looks good (only a hundred or so more in cost) because its self lubricating.. Anyone one here have any insight?

[ January 22, 2010, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: Blubyu87gt ]

--------------------
Make something idiot proof and you only find a new class of idiot!

Posts: 98 | From: Charleston, SC | Registered: Aug 2009  |  :
89bluenotch
¯
Member # 7454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89bluenotch  Ford pictures for 89bluenotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have heard nothing but good things about the novi 1220 lately. I to am deciding between the novi and the vortech for my next mod.

--------------------
-Gunnar
89 coupe
54 f100
R.I.P. SILVERLX

Posts: 1857 | From: HEALDSBURG | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
CHP2981
¯
Member # 9240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CHP2981  Ford pictures for CHP2981    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The first 1220 i got was cool i did alot of searching and i got that one from Summit for 22hundred. The only thing was the discharge pipe cracked on my strut tower. The one i have now i got from Jegs for 2100 and i an't had any problems. But when you start adding things then you have to tune it. It took about 8 hours to install because i an't all that good at it. The cutting of the shroud because of my bigger radiator. The Vortech kit was a little cheaper but it had a six rib setup. so i went with the Novi with the 8 rib setup. but if you don't know Vortech and Paxton are the same company now, as some of my Paxton stuff had Vortech on it. The 1220 only puts out 5 or 6 psi i don't know about the SCi.

[ January 22, 2010, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: CHP2981 ]

--------------------
No half steppin

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com