Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » How much H.P. can you have with 30lb injectors? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: How much H.P. can you have with 30lb injectors?
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2SIK GT:
so then you not a tuner.......? just work at a shop that tunes and you are kinda right on the boosted and n20 that they are diffrent but then in a way they are not diffrent you need the more fuel not for the n2o but for the more power the n20 will be making those 30's are probly 75% working right now so your saying that those 30's will handle 500 horse safley at a safe tune that would be more like a lean/race tune and or a very high air/fuel ratio............. plus a tuner should never assume if you are tunning ..............atleast a good one..... that injector rating that guy posted may be correct or incorrect i dont but even if that is RWHP not to the crank like it says..... he would still need bigger cause 100 shot will make more than 60 hp for instance you made 450 rwhp N/A on 30's you are ok now add the spray...... 100 hp shot with the good tune you should make atlest minimum of 80 hp which =530 rwhp............i dont know but if that 100hp shot makes about 100 hp then somone i think might lean out...... its simple like this
Depending on how your nitrous is tuned, that may cause enough of a lean condition to cause damage. Say if bottle pressure went from 900 to 1200 psi due to a hot day in the sun. Well that would be about 33% more nitrous injected. So that 75 shot that you thought you were running now has turned into a 100 shot. Bad day if you’re only injecting enough fuel for 75 hp worth of nitrous.

All NX systems make within 2% of their claimed horsepower, if you jet the system for 50 horsepower then you can expect no less than 49 horsepower, but usually a few more than the rated amount.

My car makes around 370rwhp or so right now. And yes it has already been tuned. I think I will talk to my tuner to see what they think about a 100 shot

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

2SIK GT
¯
Member # 3381

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2SIK GT  Ford pictures for 2SIK GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i didnt know what it was pushing out but you should be almost 465+ horsepower with that shot... if its a wet shot ya it wull supply its own fuel but that has nothing to do with the horsepower rating and you still dont get your 100% cause you aint no tuner sorry to bust you bubble......... [Wink] [Roll Eyes]

[ May 31, 2009, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: 2SIK GT ]

--------------------
all u see is tail lights if u where driving a chevy

Posts: 979 | From: San Jose Ca | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1nastycobra:
Max H.P. FOR 30 LB INJECTORS
Normally aspirated= 430
Supercharged= 360

H.P. ratings at the flywheel

This is about as close to a spot on guess as I've seen in this post. The problem being that SC/NO2 cars are much more dependent on fuel than a NA car is. If there's a car out there that's running 30's and it's 460-470+, you're on the ragged edge. Of course, there are many more factors out there such as cam profile, compression ratio, cylinder head volume, etc..

Edit: To those of you stating that an injector of a certain size is too much...that's what a tune is for. You adjust certain parameters and it will compensate for this. Go Google it. [Wink]

[ May 31, 2009, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: JohnB ]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
2SIK GT
¯
Member # 3381

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2SIK GT  Ford pictures for 2SIK GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
google it [Wink] thats a good one LOL well thanks for the info john atleast i dont feel like an idiot on this one but i knew that he was pushing it close .................there you have it....... strait from the pro's [Wink]

--------------------

FoX GT
¯
Member # 4587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoX GT  Ford pictures for FoX GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I PERSONALLY dynoed 410RWHP 410RWTQ N/A with 30lb injectors. I didn't drink beers with someone who did.

[ June 01, 2009, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: FoX GT ]

--------------------
- AED -
03 Cobra 10th anni 3.4 Whipple 9.47@141
2012 Mustang GT 10.98@125
2015 Mustang GT

Bring what you got and hope its enough!

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I personally went 12.20 at 114 in my very own 3423 pound car with 19 pound injectors and a WET nitrous kit.

Did that for years and even drove it to Alabama, raced it, then drove back.

Do the math or google it.

Thats approx 380 at the flywheel, with 19lbers.

Wet kit is just that WET. It supplies its own fuel.

If the motor is tuned and running correct A/F, naturally aspirated then it is a no brainer that you dont need anymore injector with a wet kit.

Now a dry kit, that is argueable because you get fuel pressure spikes and duty cycle etc etc becomes an issue.

[ June 01, 2009, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: turbo50 ]

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Scoop
¯
Member # 8726

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scoop  Ford pictures for Scoop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2SIK GT:
you should really talk to a tuner and im not a tuner and i dont know if he is but i would ask sean from AED or call nextgen in hayward just to be safe

Doesnt Buickgs work at nextgen? but ayways buick knows his shit
Posts: 1121 | From: Out Chillin | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
2SIK GT
¯
Member # 3381

never said he doesnt and i know who he is as well as he know me........ but he's not the tuner at nextgen he just works there so if he was a tuner then that would be a diffrent story every car is diffrent and some make more power and some less but if you are trying to tune those 30's with that horsepower on a 100 shot and expect it to be safe if you even lean out for a half second that thing is gonna dynamite [Eek!] there goes that money you just put in it just for not spending and extra couple 100 .......................HOW I SEE IT IN HIGH PERFORMANCE I'D RATHER BE SAFE THAN SORRY UNLESS I WAS A BIG BALLER AND DIDNT CARE IF I WAS GONNA BLOW IT UP........ [Smile]

--------------------

Scoop
¯
Member # 8726

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scoop  Ford pictures for Scoop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im not saying that you said he didn't know his stuff, im just putting my 2 cent in and saying he knows his stuff.
Posts: 1121 | From: Out Chillin | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
2SIK GT
¯
Member # 3381

sounds fair [patriot] [Smile]

--------------------

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so far everyone that posted says the same thing i do. even a tuner, but apparently we are all wrong. and you dont have to be a tuner to know whats involved in it. and i dont know you i met you once.
Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
2SIK GT
¯
Member # 3381

didnt mean it like that [Roll Eyes] but if its like that then its whateve [Cool] r........ i know you met me more than once and not everyone said the same thing as you and really i dont care to know you. its good im not even trippin..... [Big Grin]

--------------------

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
now were 100% ya digg
2SIK GT
¯
Member # 3381

you working at a shop and know all your stuff [Roll Eyes] your car must be fast........ what was it ? is it that black one? correct me if im wrong

--------------------

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

88 gt is black the 88 coupe is black the 87 gt is gray hummm the 70 is blue i dunno why..

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

2SIK GT
¯
Member # 3381

gt on saleens that one?

--------------------

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

have not had one like that.

--------------------
The anti-crew

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

so to sum all this up.... we are telling this guy that already has a tune to switch injectors and retune just because he is going to run a 100 shot. also to tune his car a little "RICH" just in case the car leans out on nitrous.

my opinion is tune his NITROUS JET a little rich if he is concerned about going lean on N20. this way his car would not run rich all the time because he will not be using nitrous all the time. i find it funny how simple this solution is yet people try to make something like this difficult.

--------------------
The anti-crew

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ask your tuner how much more power YOUR setup could go before needing bigger injectors. He must have been watching your injector duty cycle when he tuned it. How much more can you go? This only goes for more NA power.

As stated above, tune it right for NA and then get the fuel jet with the wet nitrous kit set up right.

I had well over 400rwhp with 30lb injectors on my blown 347. The MAF was railed but the tune had the dutycycle pegged at only 80%. It started to lean out a little up top. It would have been really lean if I didn't have my 8:1 FMU on it bumping the fuel pressure up over 80psi. LOL!!

I got the Tweecer and was able to flatten the AFR up top by allowing the injectors to go to 90% dutycycle, but 10 minutes later I pulled the MAF and sent it in to get caled for 60's so it wouldn't peg and I installed my 60lb injectors. Now it has a flat AFR under 12:1 with even more boost and No FMU. It just made 532rwhp on the dyno and the injector dutycycle was only 72%. It idles great and just passed SMOG beautifully. Well, it did have a different H pipe on the dyno than it did during the SMOG check.

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
2SIK GT
¯
Member # 3381

72% is pretty reasonable i had a car at our shop that had a 255 intank(FI) aero fuel rails 42's and a BA4200 on a blown 347 with 10lbs of boost on a 100 octane he made 557 and 578 and had to shoot up to 60's cause the fuel went lean at high reves(5100) and this car even had a BAP on it....... the tuner even tried to widen the pulse width but nothing worked so he went larger now he safe and can add more boost [Big Grin]

--------------------

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
<----------------runs 30lb injectors

--------------------
1989 LX vert 342
11.662 @ 116.65 1.57 60ft. N/A
10.227 @ 134.59 1.41 60ft 200 shot 3600lbs
2003 Ranger 4 door
15.99 @ 87

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
19 are good up to 350hp 30 probley around 500

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Every car is different. Try the 30's, if you can't get enough fuel because the pulse width is maxed out, switch to 42's. There will always be someone looking to step up to your old 30's if you really need the 42's.

You can run rich a lot of times, but you only can run lean once.

Arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded.

[ June 06, 2009, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: phildog ]

1sic50
¯
Member # 6684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1sic50  Ford pictures for 1sic50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by phildog:
Every car is different. Try the 30's, if you can't get enough fuel because the pulse width is maxed out, switch to 42's. There will always be someone looking to step up to your old 30's if you really need the 42's.

You can run rich a lot of times, but you only can run lean once.

Arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded.

LOL!!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
90 gt W/Vortech S-Trim power adder
99 Explorer W/5.0
87 crx honda WNP!!!!

Ford 4 Life Enough Said Don't Hate

Posts: 534 | From: GOTHAM CITY | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com