Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Dodge viper stroker.... ?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Dodge viper stroker.... ?
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Where can you buy a stroker kit for a gen 2 v10? Thinking about getting a viper and I hear about stroker kits but don't know where to buy one( don't have the cash to buy a henessey motor!) any help would be nice.
anyone know of any shops in the bay that port viper heads ?

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
theres a forum just like this but for vipers..its called viperalley.com try that

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll check it out thanks [patriot]

--------------------

CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd say get the viper first and then see if you think you need the stroker kit. I personally would not stroke the motor unless it failed on me beforehand (yes..it happened to me). Lots of options available..just more expensive in parts as compared to your typical cobra or mustang. I would work on the suspension first as that is probably the weakest part of the car (hey..just like a cobra/mustang:)

[ May 05, 2009, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: CobramanPhil ]

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500
2011 Porsche 911 TurboS/AWD
2014 GSXR750
2002 GSXR750 Track Beater Bike
2016 Explorer Unlimted

Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
harley56
¯
Member # 6731

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for harley56  Ford pictures for harley56    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've had a couple of vipers and still have my '96 blue/white coupe. Before you decide to stroke it, drive it and see if you think that's necessary. They have crazy torque and you may be happy with it as is. Also, don't ever, ever do anything with Hennessey, he is known as the biggest crook in the viper community, unless you live in Texas. Besides viperally, spend some time on http://www.viperclub.org/. Locally, you might want to check with Ted May at Valaya Racing racing in San Jose.
Posts: 89 | From: Sonoma county | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Good shot guys... It might be a min before I can buy one anyways. I hella want to get a coupe when I get one.. Any years I should stay away from?

--------------------

harley56
¯
Member # 6731

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for harley56  Ford pictures for harley56    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slowback67:
Good shot guys... It might be a min before I can buy one anyways. I hella want to get a coupe when I get one.. Any years I should stay away from?

No all the coupes are great, some improvements and minor changes over the years, like abs and 17" to 18" wheels. Knowing the vehcle's history would be good, but most are owned by fairly responsible guys. Buy one of these, author Maurice lives in the south bay and this is a great book. http://viperbuyersguide.com/buy.html

[ May 09, 2009, 01:58 AM: Message edited by: harley56 ]

Posts: 89 | From: Sonoma county | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Right on .... I'll pick up that book [patriot]

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com