Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » MAF?? 30lb injectors

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: MAF?? 30lb injectors
jareds98gt
¯
Member # 7701

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jareds98gt  Ford pictures for jareds98gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i just picked up an strim for my 97. its a stock motor, gonna be running the 6lb pulley, the guy was running red 30lb injectors. will those be ok for 6lbs??? what MAF should i go with?

--------------------
1997 Saleen S281 #192

CA FiveOh
¯
Member # 7429

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CA FiveOh  Ford pictures for CA FiveOh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did it come with an FMU? 30 lb'ers might be really close to maxxed without the use of an FMU. I would recommend going with 42 lb'ers, getting either a PMAS or Abaco DBX, and not running an FMU....this way you'll have some headroom if/when you decide to change pulleys. You may need a chip to get the car running good...especially with the PMAS as the computer may not be able to hit the MAF Minimum test voltage, which will send a check engine light.

What kind of fuel pump are you going to run? What other kind of Mods have been done?

--------------------
91 LX Notch, AFR 165 heads, E303 cam, FRPP Cobra intake, 42lb injectors, intercooled ProCharger P1SC (9 psi), 3.73's, TwEECer RT

jareds98gt
¯
Member # 7701

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jareds98gt  Ford pictures for jareds98gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
car has a full aeromotive fuel system, so that is no problem. i was thinkn about gettn some 42lb injectors and a lightning maf??

--------------------
1997 Saleen S281 #192

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com