Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Looking for someone to do a 302 5.0l swap in a 93 notch. Have cash.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Looking for someone to do a 302 5.0l swap in a 93 notch. Have cash.
93Notch32
Member # 8856

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93Notch32  Ford pictures for 93Notch32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
EDIT: looks like this much more than I had anticipated and prepaired for. I just dont have the time or funds to take on something like this at this time in my life. Thanks for the assistance CAfords and I hope to be back in a mustang very soon. Thanks, James.

[ January 15, 2009, 01:30 AM: Message edited by: 93Notch32 ]

--------------------
looking for a 5.0 motor and 5spd transmission to swap. let me know have cash ready to go!

925GT50
¯
Member # 2683

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925GT50  Ford pictures for 925GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So do you have a donor car? Just asking beacuse your gonna need alot more than a tranny and motor.

--------------------
1990 GT hatch (owned since 05')
1988 GT (sold)
1995 SN95 Cobra (totaled/parted)
1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am LT1 (daily driver)

91LxStang
¯
Member # 8378

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91LxStang  Ford pictures for 91LxStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got a car for you as a donor but its an auto. let me know if your interested and what your looking to spend.
93Notch32
Member # 8856

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93Notch32  Ford pictures for 93Notch32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No, I dont have the donor car. If I did I would just do the swap myself. I know it needs more than just motor and tranny, those are just what I require. It was going to be up to whoever builds it to do all the supporting mods. I was looking to spend around $1500ish give or take a little.

--------------------
looking for a 5.0 motor and 5spd transmission to swap. let me know have cash ready to go!

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93Notch32:
No, I dont have the donor car. If I did I would just do the swap myself. I know it needs more than just motor and tranny, those are just what I require. It was going to be up to whoever builds it to do all the supporting mods. I was looking to spend around $1500ish give or take a little.

You want someone to swap a motor/trans/harness/fuel system and rear end swap for $1500 in labor??

How much are you planning to spend for parts?

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you're going to get a half ass job that will never be right if you're looking to pay somebody 1500 to do it [Eek!]

I wouldn't offer to do it for less than $5k for my labor, that's if you brought me the donor car to go with it.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Eek!] WOW..I know times are getting bad, but i dont think people are hurting that bad for money.. now do you have the motor and tranny?? or is that 1500 for everything????

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Same questions I had/have.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
SLPR93
¯
Member # 8769

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLPR93  Ford pictures for SLPR93  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i noe 5.0 are cheap to work on but 1500 for a whole swap [BS flag]
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i'd ask 2.5k for labor + parts. but 1,500 for everything?? am i readying it wrong??

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

93Notch32
Member # 8856

wow, like I said I am very new to this scene. So $1500 is low, $2500 seems pretty reasonable. 5k + parts just seems crazy but I guess some people value their time much more than others. Thanks for the help!

--------------------

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
wow, like I said I am very new to this scene. So $1500 is low, $2500 seems pretty reasonable. 5k + parts just seems crazy but I guess some people value their time much more than others. Thanks for the help!

I've done the swap, and I know how much work is involved.

Do you know how much work is involved to do it right? Both cars need to be almost completely stripped, worn parts replaced, maintenance items replaced in the process, etc.

It's not something that joe blow from down the street can do in a weekend for you if you expect it to be done right.

good luck dude. You can see some of what's involved in a correct swap from the link in my sig to my `89, I didn't document everything but I did document a lot.

[ January 15, 2009, 12:45 AM: Message edited by: Blind ]

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

2,500 for just labor.. then what ever the parts cost. your looking at 500-600 for a motor.. any where from 500-750 for the tranny swap stuff. bout nother 100-250 for the rear end. plus any other mantanice items. bushing/mounts/oil stuff like that..
i have done this swap a few times and it takes about 7-10 days. depending on if you have all the parts loose.. longer if you have to strip the donor car.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

93Notch32
Member # 8856

Ok, thanks guys. I supposed on paper it doesnt seem as much as it is in person. I guess I have bitten off a bit more than I can chew for the time being. I just simply dont think I have the time for a project this involved. I am probably going to end up selling the car and hopefully I will be in a posistion to get a mustang after college in a few years. I love the cars and the potential! Thanks again for all the help and information!

--------------------

lsxoo7
¯
Member # 8587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lsxoo7  Ford pictures for lsxoo7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it seems like it wuld be alot easier to just buy a 5.0 car already ..
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

quote:
Originally posted by lsxoo7:

to me it is.. but you can always get clean v8s that aren't dogged out.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

quote:
Originally posted by lsxoo7:

if you do the work yourself you will end up with a cleaner car that hasn't been beaten on for 25 years if you start with a 4 cylinder.

I got mine swapped with a donor for less than $2500. Find me a never wrecked, clean body, clean titled, black interior 5-speed coupe for $2500 that doesn't have subframe or torque box damage [Confused]

but if you can't do the work yourself / don't have the tools / the space to do the work, it's totally not worth it.

[ January 15, 2009, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: Blind ]

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

514 Mullet
¯
Member # 7402

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 514 Mullet  Ford pictures for 514 Mullet    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I guess I have just done too many of these. The last one took me 3 days to swap. And nobody is more thorough than me. Realistically nobody will want to use their own donor car for yours just incase theirs an issue with the drivetrain. With you supplying the car, I would expect you could get the job done for $2500 in labor roughly.
Posts: 215 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2007  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com