Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 842 rwhp/650 rwtq (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 842 rwhp/650 rwtq
Larry
¯
Member # 5176

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for Larry  Ford pictures for Larry    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just got the car back last Sat. on 91 octane with 1 can of Toroc Unleaded in tank pulled 841.6 RWHP and 652 lbs. tq. Torque level held all the way to 7000 RPM. (did not drop at all)

Built and tuned by Speed Freaks...by the way am running Methanol Water injection for my coolingagent...65 lb injectors maxed out at this HP....also Methanol injectors need to be larger or need 2 injectors into throttle body.
only pulling 16 lbs. of boost at 7000 rpm

Have waited 17 months for these results.

--------------------
FAST COBRA VERT.

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Post up your set-up! [Eek!]
Larry
¯
Member # 5176

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larry  Ford pictures for Larry    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When I get to the office ,will scan dyno results and post...do not have scanner at home

--------------------
FAST COBRA VERT.

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dayum Larry, congrats. i bet ur stoke with these results. u got to give me a call one of these days for a joy ride.

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow great numbers! i wish i can have 1/2 of the numbers you make [patriot]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

Larry
¯
Member # 5176

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larry  Ford pictures for Larry    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just a quick note...this was on a Mustang Dyno,whish registers 10% less rwhp than a dyno jet.

--------------------
FAST COBRA VERT.

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ur gonna make me finish my 32v project now.

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Larry:
just a quick note...this was on a Mustang Dyno,whish registers 10% less rwhp than a dyno jet.

Very, VERY, nice numbers....

.....but Mustangs Dynos do not read 10% lower than dynojets, reguardless of the common myth.

That particular dyno and facility is famous for throwing down outrageously high dyno numbers for a given setup. Also, Mustang Dyno's allow the ability to warp dyno numbers very easily.

I guess the only accurate meassure of RWHP is the quarter mile trap speeds vs. vehical weight.

A bunch of CaFords people will be out at the track this Saturday. See you there? [burnout]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
twins
¯
Member # 5069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twins  Ford pictures for twins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn, those are the highest t trim #s ive ever seen. i should have just went with a t trim istead of my tt kit. why didnt anyone tell me this was possible:confused:

[ December 13, 2007, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: twins ]

Larry
¯
Member # 5176

As I stated..it's not just the t-trim..I am only putting out 16 lbs.of boost ,when the blower is capable of 26 lbs. It's my head work (320 intake and 235 exhaust hand ported, stage 2 cams,etc....)Menthaol,1/2 fuel rails and lines,1000 series Aeromotive fuel pump, along with special ordered parts for the motor capable of over 1400 hp. 10 qt. Canton with windage tray,special built oil pump,a whole lot of extras too many to mention.

And to 94 Gt! Don"t know where you get your info. on Speed Freaks exagerating their Dyno No.'s..I have seen guys come out of their shop dissappointed with their results based on other Dynos..But Ravi would make no adjustments. I have also seen cars come from another Dyno, Dyno Jet and make much less HP than on Ravi's dyno.That was Performance Dyno..A very good shop.

Statements like this about another Competitor is very unprofessional.

--------------------
FAST COBRA VERT.

Larry
¯
Member # 5176

As I stated..it's not just the t-trim..I am only putting out 16 lbs.of boost ,when the blower is capable of 26 lbs. It's my head work (320 intake and 235 exhaust hand ported, stage 2 cams,etc....)Menthaol,1/2 fuel rails and lines,1000 series Aeromotive fuel pump, along with special ordered parts for the motor capable of over 1400 hp. 10 qt. Canton with windage tray,special built oil pump,a whole lot of extras too many to mention.

And to 94 Gt! Don"t know where you get your info. on Speed Freaks exagerating their Dyno No.'s..I have seen guys come out of their shop dissappointed with their results based on other Dynos..But Ravi would make no adjustments. I have also seen cars come from another Dyno, Dyno Jet and make much more HP than on Ravi's dyno.That was Performance Dyno..A very good shop.

Statements like this about another Competitor is very unprofessional.

Sorry...this posted twice..not intended.

[ December 13, 2007, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: Larry ]

--------------------
FAST COBRA VERT.

Larry
¯
Member # 5176

I have an E-Mail from Mustang Dyno I would like to forward to this post. How do I do it!

thanks for your help,Larry

--------------------
FAST COBRA VERT.

Thirteen Twenty
¯
Member # 7961

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thirteen Twenty  Ford pictures for Thirteen Twenty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:

Very, VERY, nice numbers....

.....but Mustangs Dynos do not read 10% lower than dynojets, reguardless of the common myth.

That particular dyno and facility is famous for throwing down outrageously high dyno numbers for a given setup. Also, Mustang Dyno's allow the ability to warp dyno numbers very easily.

I guess the only accurate meassure of RWHP is the quarter mile trap speeds vs. vehical weight.

A bunch of CaFords people will be out at the track this Saturday. See you there? [burnout]

I too have heard about mustang dyno's putting out low numbers, but very repeatable numbers. I've dyno'd on a mustang dyno at full function and thought the numbers were low. I talked to my machine shop and they informed me about the low but repeatable numbers, rumor was that you could dyno anywhere and get the same numbers with a mustang. I also talked to an individual that same day who dyno'd where I did and then dyno'd the next day on a superflow I think he said and claimed a 50 hp difference. Simply put there not supposed to be great for bragging right's but good for using between mods and seeing the gains a certain mod makes for you.
Posts: 647 | From: union city | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ravi tuned your car? Nice numbers, goodluck with that [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I have an E-Mail from Mustang Dyno I would like to forward to this post. How do I do it!

thanks for your help,Larry

Your car sound's like a beast ! Sound's like You have a well thought out combo so don't worry about constructive crtisism [Wink] . I'm not sticking up for Drew but as You know "and Drew stated" the best way to get a true HP # is to go to the strip and weigh Your vehicle & get Your trap speed & then there is no dispute betweeen different dyno's & shop's ect.... You going to be running on slick's or DR's? You going to trailer it to the strip or drive it? Any pic's of the car? I am waiting for a new tune before I get Mine out again because I have done alot of thing's since My last tune and am tired of messing with it and changing head gasket's [BS flag]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn, what the hell are you going to do with all that horsepower? Even if the "real #'s" are 100hp lower, that is still 200hp more than I will ever experience.

Is your car set up to handle all that power? If so you are going to be screaming down the track!!

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Have waited 17 months for these results.

Should very well be worth the wait.

Nice numbers, can't wait to see it run!

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don  Ford pictures for Don    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Larry don't waste your time with the Drag Radials you have(use them on the street). I have a set of 16in Mustang rims at the house. Buy some 28 X 11.50 X 16 ET streets, and that will put you at the 142mph you will need with that amount of power. The 26in tall DRs you have will make you have to go into 5th, which is a waste of time for your first time at the track, trying to prove your HP numbers.

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

Posts: 962 | From: Manteca, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Larry
¯
Member # 5176

Thanks Don! Will take you up on your offer and get the 28 " tires.

As far as My Cobra have almost all I need for traction ,tubular k mem.,A frames 6 pt. Adj, shocks upper and lower control larms,sub frame conn., 6 pt. roll cage,Gregs alum. drive shaft,Tri mec Cobra R 6 speed with 26 spline in put shaft, 410 Eaaton Posi, with metal clutch pacs,31 spline Moser axels.Mccloud twin disc clutch rated at 1200 lbs tq.

[ December 13, 2007, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: Larry ]

--------------------
FAST COBRA VERT.

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im sure you will have to get the chassis tuned in and get used to driving the car, but once that is up to par and reflects the performance of your engine, you will be flying down the quarter..if that is your goal.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

just got off the phone with LARRY, man does it sound like a beast. from my impression he built this car to tear up the streets. running on pump gas. give me a call when its my turn to take out for the joy ride. congrats [burnout]

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Those numbers look like supra dyno's LOL.

You have an A1000 fuel pump? Those things are only rated to 800 FI. I would think you'd run out of pump before then. I know that when I had that pump I could only do around 600 with it before I wasn't able to generate enough flow. And when the sucker was ran hard and got hot it really dropped off bad.

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
quote:

Those numbers look like supra dyno's LOL.

You have an A1000 fuel pump? Those things are only rated to 800 FI. I would think you'd run out of pump before then. I know that when I had that pump I could only do around 600 with it before I wasn't able to generate enough flow. And when the sucker was ran hard and got hot it really dropped off bad.

Good stuff Larry, can't wait to see it run!

I'm turning over 700 rwhp with a A1000 and have no issues...maybe that BS is a import thing??
[Razz] [Wink]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kingmoochr  Ford pictures for kingmoochr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
as for dyno numbers, you can make them read anything you want. repeatability is the important part. i can change 1 number and make your kn air filter increase your wheel hp 75hp. doesnt mean shit in real life. biggest thing is tuning it in with the af, if you cant brag with your mph, it aint worth much
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by kingmoochr:
as for dyno numbers, you can make them read anything you want. repeatability is the important part. i can change 1 number and make your kn air filter increase your wheel hp 75hp. doesnt mean shit in real life. biggest thing is tuning it in with the af, if you cant brag with your mph, it aint worth much

I agree check My sig [Whoo Whooooo!] !

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com