Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » COBRA R CENTER CAPS

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: COBRA R CENTER CAPS
joser90coupe
¯
Member # 2785

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for joser90coupe  Ford pictures for joser90coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
HOW CAN I GET THE CENTER CAPS ON THE FRONT WHEELS OF A FOX BODY?
Posts: 135 | From: Eastbay 510 | Registered: May 2003  |  :
joser90coupe
¯
Member # 2785

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for joser90coupe  Ford pictures for joser90coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ANYBODY??
91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It sounds like your 5 Lug conversion was done with Lincoln Rotors and if that is the case the caps will not fit unless you go with SN95 parts.

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

WickedStang
¯
Member # 7692

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WickedStang  Ford pictures for WickedStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
True.. True...

--------------------
04 mach1 BASSANI EXHAUST/C&L INTAKE
67STANG/CHP 347/BUILT C4/MOROSO DRAG SUSP.

Posts: 1581 | From: salinas831 | Registered: May 2007  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i dont think you have to go sn95 just to fit that cap. Some friends had bullits and can fit the caps in front with lincoln rotors with a little modification, but i dont know if you can do it with the cobra r wheel

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

1bdpone
¯
Member # 6708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1bdpone  Ford pictures for 1bdpone    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You need the SN95 setup to correctly fit the center caps on your fox body. I've been down that road this last winter. You will gain a better turning radius on top of the center caps fitting if you go with the SN95 setup.
Posts: 182 | From: Tri Valley | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
sik4.6
¯
Member # 7680

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sik4.6  Ford pictures for sik4.6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i ran spacers on my. i think they were 3/8 spacer

[ July 19, 2007, 12:38 AM: Message edited by: nextuloose03 ]

Posts: 303 | From: here there everywhere in cali | Registered: May 2007  |  :
joser90coupe
¯
Member # 2785

Thanx guys but I still have stock 4 lug set up and i try putting 1/8 spacers but the caps still don't stay becuase of the dust cap.
sik4.6
¯
Member # 7680

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sik4.6  Ford pictures for sik4.6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by joser90coupe:
Thanx guys but I still have stock 4 lug set up and i try putting 1/8 spacers but the caps still don't stay becuase of the dust cap.

o yeah, i took off the dust cap
Posts: 303 | From: here there everywhere in cali | Registered: May 2007  |  :
joser90coupe
¯
Member # 2785

But isn't it nesscery to keep the dust caps on?
platinumplus
¯
Member # 2249

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for platinumplus  Ford pictures for platinumplus    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
use a spacer just enough, use short bulge lug bolts.

if you dont have enough thread get longer wheel studs pressed in your stock rotors (Moroso #46180 or #46220)

if you take off your dust cap you need to grind the spindle just enough

Posts: 402 | From: SanJose CA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by joser90coupe:
But isn't it nesscery to keep the dust caps on?

Your wheel is a big dust cap.

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com