Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » STEERING AND BREAKS LOCKED WHILE DRIVING...HELP! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: STEERING AND BREAKS LOCKED WHILE DRIVING...HELP!
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by QUEENCOBRA03:
NOPE NEVER HAVE HAD IT DYNO OR GOT CHECKED AFTER THE HAND TUNNER!

YAH THIS IS THE FIRST TIME ITS HAPPEND AND THE ONLY TIME ITS HAPPEND...

IVE ONLY HAD THE CAR FOR 3 MONTH (ABOUT) AND SLOWLY PUTTING MODS AND BARALLY DRIVE IT KNOWING THAT IT NEEDS TO GET TUNED. BUT CUZ MY DAILY DRIVER IS GETTING WORKED ON I VE BEEN DRIVING MY COBRA AROUND THIS WEEK...

IVE REFUSED TO EVEN TRY AND STEP ON IT AT ALL SINCE IT HAPPEND AND PUTTING IT AWAY UNTIL I CAN GET IT DYNO / TUNED (THE RIGHT WAY)

Good idea not to beat on it but i'm sure you could still drive around while not in boost.

That's how i drive my Cobra cuz once the 20lbs of boost hits you better get out the way [Eek!]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

Ricks Hot Rod Lincoln
¯
Member # 7637

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for Ricks Hot Rod Lincoln  Ford pictures for Ricks Hot Rod Lincoln  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well he was partly right about the hydro boost. The power steering pump is used to provide pressure for both the P/S and the brakes. It is not vacuum, it is pressure! If the engine stalled, it would make the steering hard and the brake pedal hard after a few strokes. Also if the belt broke the P/S pump would not spin, or if you drove through a puddle, it would cause the belt to slip on the pullies.

--------------------
Son, Ya gonna drive me to drinkin if ya don't stop driving that Hot--Rod--Lincoln.

Posts: 46 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: May 2007  |  :
Ricks Hot Rod Lincoln
¯
Member # 7637

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricks Hot Rod Lincoln  Ford pictures for Ricks Hot Rod Lincoln  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Queenie, Please do not type in all capitals. Thank-You

[ July 16, 2007, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: Rick Richards ]

--------------------
Son, Ya gonna drive me to drinkin if ya don't stop driving that Hot--Rod--Lincoln.

Posts: 46 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: May 2007  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com