Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » ProChamnbers for 65' Mustang

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: ProChamnbers for 65' Mustang
The_MuffinMan25
¯
Member # 6235

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The_MuffinMan25  Ford pictures for The_MuffinMan25    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was looking online and on Mac's sit and didn't seem to find any ProChambers for a 65' If I got a set for an 80's 5.0L or a 94'-95' 5.0L would that still work just as fine?

Tim

Posts: 130 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
The_MuffinMan25
¯
Member # 6235

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The_MuffinMan25  Ford pictures for The_MuffinMan25    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Also I ave a 302 in my car.
Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The headers from the 87-93 and the 94-95 are angled differently which necessitates different pro-chamber designs.

An early 302 would also need a different mid-pipe design due to the different headers that were used back then.

The short answer is no. However, it can be done if you have a different motor than the original... say an 88 5.0 motor [Wink]

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1784 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
The_MuffinMan25
¯
Member # 6235

I suppose you've read other of my posts and know I have an 88 5.0L. I have a pair of Hooker super comp headers so I need to know what will work with this set up. So If I order chambers for a 87-93 5.0L then would that work? Are the chambers suppose to bolt on after the headers (and cats for those who need smog) and then pipes?

[ June 23, 2007, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: The_MuffinMan25 ]

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you have a set of longtube style headers with the collectors under the car I don't see why you couldn't make a prochamber or any other H / X mid-pipe intended for longtubes work, they just need to bolt up to the headers, and you can bolt your cat-back mufflers/tails onto the midpipe.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
The_MuffinMan25
¯
Member # 6235

Shoule I get a 2.5" set and have an adapter from my 3" collector from my headers to the chamber. Or should I get a 3" set and have my pipes go to 2.5 after the chamber?

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com