Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » t-rex pump relay

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: t-rex pump relay
maeco
¯
Member # 2578

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for maeco  Ford pictures for maeco    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how do you find out if the relay is bad?
i hear the intank but not the t-rex.i bypass the relay and i hear the t-rex humming.
this must mean the relay is bad,right?
can i get this at kragen?
where?

--------------------
Looking for clean white mustang email me

Stan G
¯
Member # 6226

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stan G  Ford pictures for Stan G    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How are you powering the t-rex relay ?

Assuming you are activating 12v ( not ground)to turn the fp on,

check to make sure you have ~ 12v on the relay secondary , check to make sure you have continuity
or 12 v to the fp.

if no, trace your wiring back to the 12v source

if yes check for 12v on primary on 1 side and ground on the other to insure it is being powered to close

--------------------
1985 RX-7, 347/T-5 , T/F T/W heads, typhoon intake, Tfs2 cam, pulleys, 2500 lbs .
3.63 rear gears , Megasquirt

Posts: 105 | From: Sun Coast , Florida | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
maeco
¯
Member # 2578

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for maeco  Ford pictures for maeco    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
followed the vortech instructions.
http://www.vortechengineering.com/pdf/manuals/8F201265im.pdf
but like i said it wouldnt turn on.

--------------------

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you check port 85 with a test light? As per the instructions it should light momentarily with the ignition switch. If not, you tapped the wrong wire in the fuel pump harness.

If your test light works, then your fuse is either hooked up sloppy, blown or your ground isn't good enough.

maeco
¯
Member # 2578

found out the problem.
where i crimped the wire one was barely
on there.so now its all good.
thanks guys.

--------------------

Glenn
¯
Member # 520

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn  Ford pictures for Glenn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maeco what is your intank fuel pump? If it is a 255, just ditch the T-Rex.

--------------------
S-Trim,331,H/C/I
"JohnB groupie train"
My Car
DragGuam

Posts: 2009 | From: Stationed on a Pacific Island, Guam | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com