Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Need some brake rotor input

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Need some brake rotor input
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Rotors on the front of my 90 Lx 5.0 are shot. Rather than get new and resurface, I was thinking of going with these....but any input? are they garbage? do they actually help? I can make a car go like mad, but when it comes time to stop, Im lost.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-5-0L-87-92-Brake-Rotors-New-Front-Pair_W0QQitemZ150113556983QQihZ005QQcategoryZ33564QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
slotted and drilled rotors are garbage.

just go to www.tirerack.com and get some brembo blank rotors (not slotted or drilled).

those will be the best rotors you can get with a stock 4 lug setup.

if you want to upgrade your stock brakes up front, get some Hawk HP-plus brake pads, steel caliper slide bushings, and stainless steel braided brake lines. Those changes make a world of difference.

[ April 20, 2007, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: Blind ]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
92coupe
¯
Member # 1957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92coupe  Ford pictures for 92coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
not usre if you knew and blind didnt explain why they are garbage is because slotted and drilled rotors crack, its because of the more is better theory, drilled rotors do the same as slotted expell gases and heat, so its one or the other if you want to go that way.

Justin

--------------------
94-GT BLOWN & STROKED

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com