Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » got my engine running but the bottom end seems weak (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: got my engine running but the bottom end seems weak
CA FiveOh
¯
Member # 7429

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CA FiveOh  Ford pictures for CA FiveOh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you have a wideband O2? 32 psi of fuel pressure is a tad low. It would be interesting to see what kind of air/fuel ratios you were seeing once you hit WOT as I have a feeling you may be a bit lean. Seeing as fuel pressure is extremely easy to adjust, try bumping it up to 39 psi with the vacuum line removed from the regulator.
Also, what MAF are you running...pmas or c&l? As far as the timing thing goes, just remember that when you add an extra 10 degrees to your base timing, the whole curve goes up. That means at say around 2500 rpm cruise you're going to be getting about 50 degrees of timing adavance.

--------------------
91 LX Notch, AFR 165 heads, E303 cam, FRPP Cobra intake, 42lb injectors, intercooled ProCharger P1SC (9 psi), 3.73's, TwEECer RT

OneBadHatch
¯
Member # 970

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneBadHatch  Ford pictures for OneBadHatch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well i need to get a fuel pressure regulator first and when i floor it the fuel pressure drops to about 21psi also i set my time at 12 degrees. I am goign to install the new fuel pump i had laying around and filter along with the regulator...i dont think i can adjust the psi on the stock one but i dont know

--------------------
1990 GT
TFS Intake and Cam
AFR 165's
Plus all the goodies

Posts: 834 | From: Oceanside, CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by OneBadHatch:
well i need to get a fuel pressure regulator first and when i floor it the fuel pressure drops to about 21psi also i set my time at 12 degrees. I am goign to install the new fuel pump i had laying around and filter along with the regulator...i dont think i can adjust the psi on the stock one but i dont know

When you floor it your fuel pressure should go up not down, thats your problem most likely.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

OneBadHatch
¯
Member # 970

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneBadHatch  Ford pictures for OneBadHatch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea thats what I thought... Now i just need payday so i can buy the filter and regulator [dance]

--------------------
1990 GT
TFS Intake and Cam
AFR 165's
Plus all the goodies

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1968_Fastback:
quote:
Originally posted by OneBadHatch:

When you floor it your fuel pressure should go up not down, thats your problem most likely.
my buddys did the same and finally got the sample tube for the c&L massair it its fine now [patriot]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

OneBadHatch
¯
Member # 970

sample tube? also so i was looking at my fuel pressure regulator thinking that doesnt look stock...surprise its not haha im dumb anyway so i have a kirban fuel pressure regulator can anyone tell me how to adjust one of these? do i do it while its running or what im not sure...thanks!

--------------------
1990 GT
TFS Intake and Cam
AFR 165's
Plus all the goodies

*BlueBeast88.306*
¯
Member # 6360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlueBeast88.306*  Ford pictures for *BlueBeast88.306*  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, it has to be running, losen the nut around the allen head screw and turn the allen head screw clockwise to raise pressure. If you have a C&L mas air you can change the sample tube inside for different size injectors.

[ March 11, 2007, 12:55 AM: Message edited by: BlueBeast88.306 ]

PopTheHood
¯
Member # 7040

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PopTheHood  Ford pictures for PopTheHood    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My car does exactly the same thing. Weak bottom end and then pulls like hell after 3500. it feels like you hit the nitrous after 3500. I think its normal with our combo..

[ March 13, 2007, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: PopTheHood ]

PopTheHood
¯
Member # 7040

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PopTheHood  Ford pictures for PopTheHood    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ March 13, 2007, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: PopTheHood ]

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com